Proposal: Penguins-Sabres-Avalanche 3-way trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Penguins get Tuch
Sabres get Oliver-Joseph, Kaut and a 2023 2nd from Colorado
Avs get Rust at 50% (Buffalo retains 50%)

This deal is effectively Rust and POJ to Buffalo for Tuch followed by Rust at 50% to Colorado for Kaut and a 2023 2nd. I'm not entirely sure if this works with the cap for all 3 teams, but is the value reasonable?

POJ plays the one position that the Sabres have an excess of at the moment.

So it's basically Kaut & a 2nd for Tuch & 1/2 of Rust's deal this season.

That is an easy pass from Buffalo.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo had better offers at some point. I don't think it can be overstated how important Tuch was to this deal - from the area, doesn't see the team as a dumpster fire (well not totally), and signed to a great long-term contract. Not to mention Tuch will instantly step into that locker room and be a leader and be able to help other young guys like Cozens develop.

I'd say he's already on their untouchable list.

Very well said! I agree with this monumentally.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Kaut a former 1st in the same line Fat Falloon is a former 1st.
POJ is interesting but not that interesting.
hfboards proposals when we don't have enough offered, Just throw in a 2nd or 3rd and all is well.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Any specifics for why?

If you think it's awful for Buffalo, I really don't see how getting 2 NHL ready former 1st rounders and a 2nd for a prime aged top-6 winger is "awful". I'm not super familiar with Kaut, but POJ is NHL ready and projects as a 2-way 2nd pair D. His only issue in Pittsburgh is that he's insanely redundant with who else the Penguins have on defense.

Alex Tuch: It’s been a dream of mine to put on the Sabres jersey

They purposely targeted him. Tim Connolly was literally his next door neighbor and his parents still live next door to his parents. Tuch is not available.

Reactions: AvsGuy

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I love Tuch as a player but clearly Buffalo does too... so how about just Kaut and a 2nd for Bryan Rust?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad