Proposal: Penguins rebuilt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure why you're trying to rephrase OP's point as that when the OP is saying sell everyone over 25. There's a massive difference between selling off logical assets and nuking the team.

I'm ignoring the OP's point because if you scratch beneath the surface enough there is the legit question of what happens with the impending UFA's if they are unsigned as the deadline approaches.

One could start a new thread with that title or just steer the conversation in this one in a sensible direction. I chose the latter. You are welcome, however, to do the former.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
HF users play a lot of EA NHL franchise mode where they can blow up their team for draft picks and simulate and be stacked in 6 years. What they don’t consider in real life is that 6 years is a long f***ing time for fans to watch AHL caliber teams getting slammed every night and that the players are actual humans with actual emotions, and losing affects those emotions negatively I.e. breeds a losing culture
This…this right here is spot on

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Teams that are Playoff bound and would like to upgrade their d-corp would need to clear cap space. Needing to make a trade to do it, grabbing a guy on waivers without the clear out trade being done wouldn't work cap wise.

If a player with a value of a 3rd round pick was on waivers, a team would make room to claim him. Especially a basement dweller with no cap issues that could flip them later on. Juuso Riikola is not worth anything.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Agree that the Cats will make a splash. Just saying that if I'm the Cats and I somehow can clear up the cap space and I'm shopping in Pittsburgh, I'm looking at Letang, not Malkin.
Perhaps its an option. I do see pitt trying to hold letang before malkin but they should both be shopped if they will waive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad