Proposal: Penguins rebuilt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Like I said in the other thread, I have no clue why Penguins fans want to expedite the process to become bad.

Go ask the Sabres or Wings how the last 5 or so years have been while being bad. You're very likely not getting another Crosby, Malkin and Letang anytime soon, if ever again.

HF users play a lot of EA NHL franchise mode where they can blow up their team for draft picks and simulate and be stacked in 6 years. What they don’t consider in real life is that 6 years is a long f***ing time for fans to watch AHL caliber teams getting slammed every night and that the players are actual humans with actual emotions, and losing affects those emotions negatively I.e. breeds a losing culture

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Like I said in the other thread, I have no clue why Penguins fans want to expedite the process to become bad.

Go ask the Sabres or Wings how the last 5 or so years have been while being bad. You're very likely not getting another Crosby, Malkin and Letang anytime soon, if ever again.

With PIT having Mario, Jagr etc etc

Then Crosby, Malkin, etc etc

Most non PIT fans pray you dont get another godly group like that ever again :sarcasm:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Wings fans were pretty accepting of the fact a rebuild was needed and some rough years were ahead. Hell most were begging for it. I dunno that the Pens need to go that route yet but it'll surely be necessary in the not too distant future. Sad reality of professional sports

Reactions: Syckle78

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Malkin @ 50% to Anaheim for Max Jones + 1st
Letang @ 50% to Carlina for Nino Niederreiter + 1st
Next year, Crosby to Colorado for Newhook + Maltsev + 1st
Rust @ 50% to Toronto for Holl/Dermott + 1st
Dumoulin to Edmonton for Yamamota + 2nd
Riikola to someone for a 3rd
CDS to someone for a 3rd

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If they are clearly not making the playoffs by mid-January then it would make sense to get something for Malkin and Letang and if they want to be back, they can re-sign in the summer.

The same could be said for Rust but it would make more sense to just get him signed.

Reactions: KIRK

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com

Right--I remember the early 2000's very well.. not looking forward to that time again..

Reactions: Gurglesons

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Everybody older than 25 is for sale for picks, even Malkin and Letang.

Just offer away. As much as I love the team, we need a brand new start.

Even as a Rags fan I don't think the pens need a rebuild. More so just surround Malkin, Crosby, and letang with guys and ride it out they will carry you so just find odds and end to plug. Once your Sids, and malkins go and retire then I would rebuild but as long as they are playing the pens have a great coach and chance of winning

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wings fans were pretty accepting of the fact a rebuild was needed and some rough years were ahead. Hell most were begging for it. I dunno that the Pens need to go that route yet but it'll surely be necessary in the not too distant future. Sad reality of professional sports

Oh yeah it will definitely be necessary, but I think there's a difference between letting it happen naturally and artificially speeding it up.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Oh yeah it will definitely be necessary, but I think there's a difference between letting it happen naturally and artificially speeding it up.
Moving Doumlin whose lost a step isn’t a rebuild. Moving rust who wants more than you want to sign him isn’t a rebuild. Letang controls if he is here or gone by his contract demands. We can do a soft retool. Malkin could be flipped and re signed

Reactions: BillyOcean

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Oh you will. It's like there's some kind of blessing from the Hockey Gods on the Pens, always giving them generational players. Lemieux and Jagr, then Crosby and Malkin. Same with the Oilers.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I, for one, would love to see what Malkin could do with another team.

But more than that, I just really appreciate that the Penguins organization has constantly pushed to be a winner. I love that they've gone for it so many times over the years. I hope they keep it up, and manage to add at the deadline this year. Rebuilds suck. Go for a championship while the window's still open a crack.

As long as Crosby and Malkin are on the team, they've got a shot.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Burke isn’t going to ok a rebuild so long as Sid is on the active roster. Not his M.O.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Gotta go all scorched earth before the sale is final.:DD

Screw the playoff streak, which is currently the longest active in North America.

member 334057

To be fair it's been 10 years of misery for Sabres fans, but they were still middle of the league in attendance until this season which says a lot for the resilience of the base. Despite that it's difficult to stomach year after year especially when the product on the ice offers little hope of improvement. At this point I think a lot of Sabres fans myself included would have preferred mediocrity and retooling with the hopes of making the playoffs a couple of times during that span vs the complete teardowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad