Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Pitt had one more corsi event than us (45:44) but we edged them in scoring chances 23:16.

I'm more impressed they owned the possession game after taking an early lead. There were stretches of inconsistency, but overall a very good game

LA Kings have great Corsi. They're on the golf course. :)

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Did we win on the graph charts too? (serious question)

z3nUmGN.png

Teams were pretty even in terms of CF (we had a 49 CF%). But we got a much higher percentage of our shot attempts on goal, like we have all season (we're the best team in the playoffs at this).

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Malkin pushed himself pretty hard for a guy who is reportedly suffering a lot of aches and pains.
He didn't cheapshot anybody, so I can say that I didn't dislike him intensely tonight at all.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Good enough game for a win. I thought Rangers controlled enough of the play and really clamped it down in the end. Hank made a few big ones. Weak links are MSL and Boyle. They were both horrible tonight.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
I know the guys that are mentioned by everyone were great tonight. A few unsung guys were Fast, Hunwick, Yandle and Moore.

Btw watching Tampa, Stralman what we're they thinking .....ah never mind.

Not to beat a dead horse but letting Stralman go was simply a money/cap issue. To be able to come close to the Bolts offer (for tax reasons) we would have sign Stralman to a contract that would make life very difficult for us cap wise going forward. I think we got a decent replacement in Boyle tough, despite his effort tonight.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Guys looked mostly ok. Worried as always about the and thats something you dont want to think in the playoffs. Hayes seemed to have trouble out there which I dont like seeing.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
z3nUmGN.png

Teams were pretty even in terms of CF (we had a 49 CF%). But we got a much higher percentage of our shot attempts on goal, like we have all season (we're the best team in the playoffs at this).

The Rangers are the most efficient shooters in the league. And that's apparently a bad thing to some people who don't understand stats.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
Pens fans will be hung up over the refs in this one, but overall Rangers were the better team. They worked together and did their part to earn this win because they're ants.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I didnt notice anything horrible about Boyle aside from a really bad turnover. I thought he was invisible for the most part, which is what I want from Boyle in the defensive zone.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I am out of touch with Fleury I guess.
Seems like he is the good Fleury, maybe I only remember the games where he was horrid.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Boyle looked BAD. Hunwick not too great either. Hopefully we get Klein back for Game 2 because having to play Hunwick + Boyle + Summers is not a good combo.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Guys looked mostly ok. Worried as always about the and thats something you dont want to think in the playoffs. Hayes seemed to have trouble out there which I dont like seeing.

It's his first ever playoff game, I wouldn't be concerned at all. Even though he wasn't the force we've seen the past 40 games he still had some very good plays.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Idk its just me but the quote is kinda a jab at Boyle and stralman...

Huh?? It was a quote from Steven McDonald when he announced the winner of his award.. He mentioned the start of the baseball season, the final of the basketball thing and the people wanted to be at MSG that night instead.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The officiating was quite good tonight.
When you think of some the ****shows that occur, it was great.
Credit where credit is due.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

He'll look better as the playoffs progress.

There was an adjustment during the regular season too. Got better as the season went on.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Not pointing fingers at particular players at all.
I am saying that I cannot wait for Klein to be healthy and out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad