Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: MDSF Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Staal wasn't good? I thought he was excellent. Wasn't a possession beast, but he rarely is. He played the physical shutdown role well IMO.

I thought he lost coverage on the Pens goal and he was scrambly in his own zone. Boyle was awful.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Did we win on the graph charts too? (serious question)

Pitt had one more corsi event than us (45:44) but we edged them in scoring chances 23:16.

I'm more impressed they owned the possession game after taking an early lead. There were stretches of inconsistency, but overall a very good game

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Our experience in the playoffs really showed in those last 5 minutes. Pitt couldn't get into any kind of a rhythm and we shut down well. McDonagh had by far his most dominant game this season.

Honorable mentions to Staal and Yandle, although the pairing with Yandle and Hunwick leaves me uneasy every time they're out there. Boyle was godawful, he really doesn't offer much for us these days.

We had a good number of chances but MAF was excellent tonight. It looks like this might be a low-scoring series.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Pitt had one more corsi event than us (45:44) but we edged them in scoring chances 23:16.

I'm more impressed they owned the possession game after taking an early lead. There were stretches of inconsistency, but overall a very good game

53.6% SA CF%, scoring chances were rather lopsided though.

Good game "on the stat sheet".

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Apparently NCBSN won't let me watch the rest of the game online. I just get a message saying the coverage has concluded. Why include a pause feature if it is just going to **** you over.

I ****ing hate NBCSN. It is such a joke.

Because of that I didn't get to see what happened to Girardi, can someone fill me in?

Listening to Doc and Pierre made it seem like tonight's game was a Penguins broadcast. Couldn't stop talking about what the Pens were doing right and how well Fleury was playing, total joke.

I thought the same thing, for the portions I did see. So annoying. The NothingButCrosbyNetwork in full force.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Pretty underwhelming game by the Rangers. I'm surprised how excited most of you guys are. If we continue to play like this we won't last long imo.

Nash looked scared and played timid all game. Boyle looked like he was playing a preseason game and made some horrible plays. MSL also made some really dumb plays.

Those two old farts really need to step it up if we are going to go deep.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
10570382_10152946901984858_4115705557680422570_n.jpg
Idk its just me but the quote is kinda a jab at Boyle and stralman...

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I honestly feel like the string of failed PPs hurt their overall flow.

That is a good point. 5 on 5 lets you settle in, while the powerplay can probably be a disruption of that.

I don't want to come across as a complainer. The team played well enough and they won.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Staal was great, Don't know what game people were watching. Boyle wasn't awful but he had that one god awful giveaway in the zone. Can definitely be better, though.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Apparently NCBSN won't let me watch the rest of the game online. I just get a message saying the coverage has concluded. Why include a pause feature if it is just going to **** you over.

I ****ing hate NBCSN. It is such a joke.

Because of that I didn't get to see what happened to Girardi, can someone fill me in?

Kunitz took a shot with Girardi defending in close, and it looked as if it might have deflected up into his face. He wasn't cut, but looked dazed and went off to the locker room with Jim Ramsey.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I think people that thought this series would be a cakewalk should take note that even though the Rangers played pretty well and were aggressive with their game, it was still 2-1 and Fleury kept the Pens in it. I think it's gonna be a hard fought series...it might not be a long series, but it's not like the games are going to be laughers, Rangers are gonna have to work for it.

If Girardi is out I sure hope Klein is ready to come back

Rangers always play how they have to. They always find a way to win, blow outs are the exception. Aside from a little rust they just got the job done and will be even better on Saturday.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I know the guys that are mentioned by everyone were great tonight. A few unsung guys were Fast, Hunwick, Yandle and Moore.

Btw watching Tampa, Stralman what we're they thinking .....ah never mind.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
Phew! Now it will be easier to head back to the firm in a few hours (yes I live in Sweden).

Quick individual performance recap:

Hank: Solid as usual.
Staal: Unsung hero, the guy was terrific.
Yandel: One of his best defensive games as a Ranger, if not the best.
McD: Very good game
Girardi: Prior to the injury he was solid
Boyle: Not a great performance, had some bad turnovers
Hunwick: He is what he is
Nash: Not as active as I would have liked, solid defensively tough
Brassard: One of our better forwards and easily the best player on his line tonight
Zucc: Its not often that we see Zucc this invisible
St. Louis: Get knocked of the puck easily but had some nice plays
Hayes: Started of good but his play got worse as the game went on, one terrible turnover that could have been very costly
J.T Miller: GREAT performance, our best forward tonight
Kreider: Dissapointing effort, not much more to say really
Stepan: Nothing spectacular but not terrible either, needs to play better though, especially in the offensive zone
Hagelin: Distruptive as usual and poor finishing as usual, overall a solid game
Moore: Very solid game on both ends of the ice
Fast: Didnt notice him that much to be honest but I thought he had some nice shifts, especially in the third
Glass: Not historically bad this game but he is still Tanner Glass

Thats all and I hope Girardi is okey.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Good to win game 1. Fleury was the only reason this game wasn't 5-1. He was excellent.

Miller had an awesome game. Really noticeable.

Don't let Fleury get his confidence up with another good game. Blow him up on Saturday so her goes home with his tail between his legs, not confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad