Confirmed with Link: Penguins bring back Cullen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rinse, repeat

tenor.gif

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Minimum salary and no expectation to play big minutes is a great thing.... he is old and can fall off a cliff but he also is a totally expendable luxury as well... now you have a 4th liner that can play anywhere in a pinch, pk, and take faceoffs... all around it gives them flexibility if he keeps his legs

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He’s played 82 games twice in his career. He might never be a healthy scratch to rest him but he’ll most likely miss at least a couple of games.

Yes, but I'm not going to subliminally wish him harm like you. :sarcasm:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like with Cullen back he'll likely take on a head office role and stay. I don't see him going back "home" because he is now home.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Dafuq?

I guess it can't hurt at that amount. Nice depth we've got going there ... unless ...

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The cap hit fantastic and he'll be an amazing lw with Sheahan. I think they needed a calming presence in the dressing room to help Sid keep that group focused.
Agreed. Just not a move I was expecting. I sure hope they give him plenty of rest. Maybe don’t play him in back to backs or something like that. We need him ready for the playoffs.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
This is awesome. *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Nobody should be upset on this, would you rather trot Cullen out there at league min or Rowney, or Tommy Kuhnhackl, or any number of the myriad of mediocre options? This is about as good as it gets for what this team needed (improved 4th line, pk beast, great locker room guy, proven performer, all at the lowest cap hit possible).

I posted this a couple days ago in the around the league thread, but Kevin Weekes was clamoring for Cullen back to Pittsburgh on NHL Tonight last week, almost like he knew a conversation took place (it was shortly after Sheahan re-signing, so timing seemed odd).

Last edited:

Prairie Oyster

Feb 24, 2015
I'd give Cullen 1yr/650k just to be a 13th Forward for what he allegedly brought to the locker room. A highly liked and respected guy. I am a fan of this signing.

Reactions: EightyOne

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
this was done as soon as it could have, at league min. No drag it out until August and stuck on the fence about family, this was I want to win another f***ing cup signing.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Alright I’ve warmed up to this. Cheap, versatile, we’ll go back to getting semi-consistent offense from the 4th line which will only help our top guys.

Any negative of Cullen possibly bumping a young guy out of the team is more than mitigated by the leadership he’ll bring to the young players, namely Sprong & ZAR & Simon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad