Post-Game Talk: Penguins at Rangers 12/19/2013

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
If I'm Hank, I'm posses, no one did **** when he got ran. No one scored in the shootout. Awful.

Out of all the attempts, Zucc looked like he had Fleury beat, could just have lifted it over the pad.. from the sofa it looked like an easy thing to do

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
You expect too much. $7.8 million doesn't buy what it used to.

Its not a talent thing with him or lack of ability. Its an attitude problem. He is playing disinterested when he should be engaging.

If he wants to play, he can. He should be benched a game to send a message.

NYRANGERAMI*

team found a way to come back... that has to mean something...

still some weight that needs to be shed

This is true...but we played against a depleted Penguins....if they had all their starters who knows....also We should have not had to come back...the Penguins are again depleted...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Just a very soft team. No fight. Pouliot showed some, but no one else. Pouliot was on the bottom of the pile with 2 players. No one else jumps in. Major problems.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
In all this misery, I'm glad that Hagelin is getting going again, and that Hank was Hank

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Sell, sell, sell.

Amnesty Richards - as I said in the "problems with this team" thread, I think he's the biggest issue we have.

Reboot and start over next year.

Nash, MDZ and Staal are the ones that suck. Staal to Carolina for Semin or someone else. MDZ and Nash for a good offensive D. We got enough stay at home Ds. What we need is a D that can support Our forwards.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Why wasn't Kreider out there for the powerplay? Would have been much more useful than having nash float around out there for two minutes.

RangersHank*

At least they didn't completely give up like they have earlier in the season. There's seriously no pleasing some people.

What should i be pleased with? A loss? Half of a Penguins team beat us, your happy?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Richards IS our offense, where you been all year?

Watching the team.

Yeah, he has skill - and he gets ALL the powerplay time, so of course he gets points. (And he also scored a boatload of those points early on when he had his one good stretch of play.) We had guys who got points during the country club years too. So?

He's ****ing lackadaisical, slow as ****, makes horrifically stupid plays (as evidenced multiple times tonight during the OT alone) and, worst of all, has no intensity whatsoever. He's a cancer on the team's energy. If it was possible to cut him now, I'd say do it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Its not a talent thing with him or lack of ability. Its an attitude problem. He is playing disinterested when he should be engaging.

If he wants to play, he can. He should be benched a game to send a message.

I absolutely agree with this. He is capable of much more than this, and he's shown it many, many, times. He needs to get a bit of a wake up call.

RangersHank*

I agree he has been most of our offense, but he really is horrible. It's amazing how he finds a way to put up points when he just looks so bad most of the time.

But without him we are much lower in the standing this year. Callahan sucks this year, Richards has been ok

RangersHank*

Watching the team.

Yeah, he has skill - and he gets ALL the powerplay time, so of course he gets points. (And he also scored a boatload of those points early on when he had his one good stretch of play.) We had guys who got points during the country club years too. So?

But he's ****ing lackadaisical, slow as ****, makes horrifically stupid plays (as evidenced multiple times tonight during the OT alone) and, worst of all, has no intensity whatsoever. He's a cancer on the team's energy. If it was possible to cut him now, I'd say do it.

Yeah ok. What is Callahan then? What is Nash? Richards has played better than both of them this year. Our team would suck even more without him this year

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I always feel like shootout order is the easiest thing for a coach to get right. They have a huge log of data from practicing breakways in practice on Hank and Talbot, they know certain guys' go-to moves are more likely to work on goalies with certain weaknesses, and they send them out from there. We just didn't score.

I hope there's a trade before the roster freeze (so wintry!), I don't really hate any of the individual parts but this is an exceptionally boring roster.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I absolutely agree with this. He is capable of much more than this, and he's shown it many, many, times. He needs to get a bit of a wake up call.

That is a game where Nash HAD to lead. If we were getting blown out and Nash wants to be disinterested…fine. That was a game the Rangers had an opportunity to win and didn't. Nash should have been a man possessed in the last ten minutes of that game. Un fing acceptable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad