Post-Game Talk: Penguins 2, Islanders 1 (OT) - CDS Saves Dead Team Skating

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The whole ZAR thing is, for a lack of a better word, biz-zar. I don't get the attention given to a player who doesn't do anything particularly well.

The org has gotten it in their heads he’s the next Hornqvist...

Outside of his last year of college, he’s never been a goal scorer or big point producer.

He wasn’t even doing that well in WBS. He had one good game really, where he got a HT and they basically used it as an excuse to bring him up.

He’s the new Papa Roach. Can’t get rid of ‘em.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok...so while Brass is here (still think he’ll be traded) it’s quite clear by now that he sucks at handling the defensive zone minutes Sully wants to bestow on L3...not that he was great with Sid, but he’s much better in an offensive role...given that, and assuming Simon and Horny are back Wednesday, why not go....

Brass-Sid-Phil
Jake-G-Horny
Pearson-Sheahan-Simon
ZAR-Grant-Rust

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Of course Sully just gushing all over the blocked shots. How is this the same guy who led a culture of turn the other cheek and play with speed/skill.

Literally the phrase was "FAST AND FEARLESS!"

I literally feel like I live in an alternate universe every time I listen to him.

Of course, I suppose that's a step up on listening to Tomlin, where I literally have to ask myself 'what the **** is he even saying'.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Outside of his last year of college, he’s never been a goal scorer or big point producer.

He wasn’t even doing that well in WBS. He had one good game really, where he got a HT and they basically used it as an excuse to bring him up.

Except he isn’t our Last Resort :(

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Nah, he's not Papa Roach. Guys like Kuhn were Papa Roaches. ZAR is the ****** King Cockroach.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
another interesting stat:
In the third Pens attempted 25 shots get 7 on the goal
Isles attempted 7 and got all 7 on goal

Unrelated, but I'm told that NYPD has opened up an investigation into Kris Letang for serial shin pad abuse.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Of course Sully just gushing all over the blocked shots. How is this the same guy who led a culture of turn the other cheek and play with speed/skill.

Literally the phrase was "FAST AND FEARLESS!"

It’s quite clear the guy at this point is just desperately trying to save his job and move the team up in the standings...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fast and fearless. If they want to play post whistle, turn the other cheek and skate away. Beat them in between whistles.

Now it's back to grind bitches down!!

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Cut my Pens into pieces.
This is my last retort.
That song came out at a very pivotal point in my life. The song itself is ok but it stirs the memories quite a bit. Some good, some bad, I'll stop now.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It still amazes me to think that (a) Dumo is the 2nd defenseman to come out for the 3 on 3 and (b) Maatta is the option for PP2.

Even WITH Schultz out, the fact that we see **** like that indicates just how absolutely awful a job JR has done over the last 16 months deconstructing the defense he once assembled.
riiko could be that second guy, he's got some skating ability, other than that...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ok...so while Brass is here (still think he’ll be traded) it’s quite clear by now that he sucks at handling the defensive zone minutes Sully wants to bestow on L3...not that he was great with Sid, but he’s much better in an offensive role...given that, and assuming Simon and Horny are back Wednesday, why not go....

Brass-Sid-Phil
Jake-G-Horny
Pearson-Sheahan-Simon
ZAR-Grant-Rust
can't split Jake and Sid no way...

Reactions: BillPrep

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's weird to say but we have Chicago/LA. Those are 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. We need those 4 points.

Chicago has had our number for a few years now....maybe with Q gone, they’re playing differently but they’ve given us fits...playing LA always feels like this game we just finished...a lot of obstruction and grabbing of our players without penalty and a lot of,perimeter shooting...

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
ZAR looks more like a Nickelback guy to me
x0wUzEv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad