Post-Game Talk: Penguins 2, Islanders 1 (OT) - CDS Saves Dead Team Skating

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The whole ZAR thing is, for a lack of a better word, biz-zar. I don't get the attention given to a player who doesn't do anything particularly well.
The coach likes him and likes the way he plays.

Reactions: BHD

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
You people complain and complain and complain but eventually will have to admit that ZAR EATS MINUTES! He's had more good games than bad games by my count. His contract is extremely moveable so if things don't work out there will be 25 GMs lined up to trade for him in year 3 or 4 of deal.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The whole ZAR thing is, for a lack of a better word, biz-zar. I don't get the attention given to a player who doesn't do anything particularly well.

I mean he’s basically a Kuhn replacement level player (block shots, Pk) but he’s playing even higher up in the lineup and for more minutes....how the mighty have fallen

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I just don’t like him because he beat up a woman and his style reminds me of MAF.

Wow, this is called:

tenor.gif

And you get a bunch of likes for it? Shocker.

What the hell does him "beating up a woman" or reminding you of MAF have to do with his performance. Right now he's one of the best goalies in the league. We'd be a last place team without him.

But what do I know? I've only been watching hockey since the 80's. :dunno:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You people complain and complain and complain but eventually will have to admit that ZAR EATS MINUTES! He's had more good games than bad games by my count. His contract is extremely moveable so if things don't work out there will be 25 GMs lined up to trade for him in year 3 or 4 of deal.
I don't necessarily think he's a bad depth player, what I take issue with is how much ice time he's receiving. If he was getting 10 mins or so a game I wouldn't mind it that much.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I’ll take it. NYI doesn’t deserve like any of their wins so f*** them

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don’t need to bring up any links. Just google it.

Pretty sure after an investigation it was proven to be a false accusation.

During the hearing, DeSmith presented two detailed statements that included evidence which called into question allegations that had been made against him, including an allegation that he had caused physical harm to another student, his former girlfriend. That evidence showed that a) she showed no sign whatsoever of having been struck and was completely uninjured, b) she gave wildly different accounts of what had happened that night to police, c) neither of her descriptions of what happened agreed with first-hand accounts provided to police by eyewitnesses, and d) a teammate, Wildcats captain Matt Willows, stated that she later told him that DeSmith had not, in fact, struck her.

After the hearing board examined the evidence, it found that DeSmith was not responsible for causing physical harm, and determined that he should be allowed to register as a student in good standing again as of December 20.

Former UNH goalie Casey DeSmith comments on media coverage of his arrest and suspension from UNH

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
dumo looks weak on the boards whats up with that? he still can't get puck within 5 feet of the net when shooting...

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's move on from the 2014 incident. It's been well documented. Jiggy provided it again if anyone needs it. But it doesn't need to steer discussion. Let's move along.

Reactions: DegenX

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
dumo looks weak on the boards whats up with that? he still can't get puck within 5 feet of the net when shooting...

It still amazes me to think that (a) Dumo is the 2nd defenseman to come out for the 3 on 3 and (b) Maatta is the option for PP2.

Even WITH Schultz out, the fact that we see **** like that indicates just how absolutely awful a job JR has done over the last 16 months deconstructing the defense he once assembled.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sully talking now about the Pens raising their level of commitment and urgency . . .

tenor.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I’m not gonna smash on Rust, I think he is the least of the problems I’d this team. But I do think a shake up needs to happen. And I’m not saying so trade Rust, I’m just not trigger happy on anyone. But IMO no one is safe outside of Sid, Geno, Kessel, Tanger, and Dumo. Outside of that do something to shake the team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad