GDT: PDSF Game 6 - 04.27.14 - vs Anaheim - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest/NBCSN - 1310 AM/96.7 FM

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Well texted someone with five minutes left, telling them it's a good day, Dallas has a 2 goal lead....I so wanted them to beat Anaheim.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
This hurts. Losing in game 7 to them in their barn, I'd have been okay with that. Blowing a 2 goal lead in the final 2 minutes. Ugh. That's going to leave a mark for a while. Such a brutal finish. I hope no matter what next season our first game against Anaheim Roussel drops the gloves and beats Perry's ass. Instigator or not someone needs to put a major beat down on that *****.

I truly hope Nill embraces the youth movement and that's the last I will ever see of Cole and Gonchar.

rudiger

I like hockey
Jan 24, 2013
Denton County
I had a lot to think about on the train ride home. Some thoughts:

What of roller coaster of a game that was. At the end of the second period I was sure we where headed back to Anahiem, but towards the middle of the third period I thought the Stars started playing not to lose. And that sequence of events that turned the game 4 on 4, I started to worry. The ending was a total punch to the gut.

If you had told me this time last year that not only would we be in the playoffs, we would take the #1 seed to a sixth game and with Lindy Ruff being the head coach, I would have said "You're crazy", but I would have taken it. Personally, I thought we were still a year away from the playoffs.

As I said , the outcome of tonight's game was a total punch to the gut, but the season was a total joy. Nill has this team headed in the right direction. Hockey is back in Dallas.

Things that I would like to see next: The blue line need to be shored up, the power play needs work, and the team needs to get a real #2 center. Can't wait to see Nemeth for a full season!

Right now this hurts. But, in a crazy way, it's good to hurt again after all those years of indifference.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
You guys have a hell of a team. Even though we were the #1 seed, I really feel like it was a huge step for us to beat you in 6 games. I thought for sure it may go to seven and you guys take the win.

Really solid team and a great fanbase. You guys have a lot to be proud of and even more to look forward to with your team.

Congratulations on an amazing season and great playoff battle.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Finally home and finally in a spot where I can type everything out that I want to say.

The game ended in disastrous fashion. I mean the only way worse than losing like that is to lose like Boston did against Chicago, or like Toronto did against Boston. It's going to hurt. It should hurt. They had these Ducks right where we wanted them and we let them off the hook. But that was the case of the series. Dallas more than had their chances and just couldn't finish enough to bring it home. And it's so fitting to me that a turnover by a 19 year old rookie is the thing that ended this.

But honestly, I'm not sure that this isn't the best thing that could've happened. This will sit and simmer all summer long. Tyler and Jamie will think just how close they were to taking this to a 7th game, and the team will undoubtedly believe that they deserved a 7th game. That does nothing but help us going into next season. It's no secret that this team is ahead of schedule from what most of us believed, and losing like this or in any other fashion in these playoffs will do nothing but help our young squad down the road.

I couldn't be prouder. To see our fanbase return. To see the captaincy return to some significance. To see the town of Dallas start to realize just what we have building here (whether its the casual fan or the media, and the media all year long has been hinting around to what we have building). This is the beginning and I can't wait until the finish product is in place. But man alive, this year has been fun.

I fully remembered this year why I love the game so much, and even while I sat there in stunned silence on the game with 22 seconds left, I wasn't angry. As I said on twitter, I was disappointed sure...but we're just happy to be there and those boys left everything they had on the ice for us. It just didn't go our way.

Onto the draft and onto cheering for the baby Stars in the Calder. Oh and Perry Sucks.

Last edited:

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Finally home and finally in a spot where I can type everything out that I want to say.

The game ended in disastrous fashion. I mean the only way worse than losing like that is to lose like Boston did against Chicago, or like Toronto did against Boston. It's going to hurt. It should hurt. They had these Ducks right where we wanted them and we let them off the hook. But that was the case of the series. Dallas more than had their chances and just couldn't finish enough to bring it home. And it's so fitting to me that a turnover by a 19 year old rookie is the thing that ended this.

But honestly, I'm not sure that this isn't the best thing that could've happened. This will sit and simmer all summer long. Tyler and Jamie will think just how close they were to taking this to a 7th game, and the team will undoubtedly believe that they deserved a 7th game. That does nothing but help us going into next season. It's no secret that this team is ahead of schedule from what most of us believed, and losing like this or in any other fashion in these playoffs will do nothing but help our young squad down the road.

I couldn't be prouder. To see our fanbase return. To see the captaincy return to some significance. To see the town of Dallas start to realize just what we have building here (whether its the casual fan or the media, and the media all year long has been hinting around to what we have building). This is the beginning and I can't wait until the finish product is in place. But man alive, this year has been fun.

I fully remember this year why I love the game so much, and even while I sat there in stunned silence on the game with 22 seconds left, I wasn't angry. As I said on twitter, I was disappointed sure...but we're just happy to be there and those boys left everything they had on the ice for us. It just didn't go our way.

Onto the draft and onto cheering for the baby Stars in the Calder. Oh and Perry Sucks.

:yo::nod: Well said.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just wanted to say that you guys have one hell of a team

when the ducks were paired up with the stars for round 1 i was beyond scared because i know truly how good this team really is and it showed in all 6 games. i wouldn't have been scared of any other team but i know how good this team is and how well they play the ducks

it was one fun series to watch. congrats on this season and for one amazing series

Keep

Feb 28, 2014
I wake up looking forward to next season but still can't get this God awful knot out of my stomach. For the first time since Oct I can't look at the Stars calender and see what I have going over the next week of games. The season was going to end, they always do it's just tough to end the way it did last night, I wanted a better end for them

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Haven't read the whole thread but the last few posts exhibit a mature reaction to what happened. As a long suffering fan of the Blue Jackets I can appreciate the mixed feelings you have towards the series. We had a game won then lost; had a game lost then won;the roller coaster ride has been unbelievable. Someone said a few posts ago that if anyone had predicted this kind of a year for the Stars a year ago he would have said they were crazy. Ditto for most jackets fans. We are still alive and face our Game 6 tonight. I'm hoping for a better result but won't be surprised to see it all ends.

Congrats on a good season and with a very promising future, Stars' fans (of which I am now a member, albeit as my second team) should be excited and eager for October to roll around.

And yes,someone please beat the crap out of Perry just as I wish someone would do likewise to one of the Stars alums, one a**hole name of James Neal. He is the Eastern version of Perry.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Must say. Ducks fans been real classy since the series ended, they are defending Seguin and hyping up Benn on the mainboard. :handclap:

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
I figured i would wait until the dust settled this am before posting. As a Predators fan i had you guys beating the Ducks in my bracket challenge. That's how much respect i have for you guys. I sit here and ponder how the Predators are going to be able to keep up with the Stars, Blackhawks, and Blues of the Central. I just don't know.

The Ducks did what they do best with getting you guys taking the penalties and making you pay. Still wondering why the ref stopped that fight at the end and called roughing making it 4v4. Made no sense. Let them go and give them fighting majors and come out 5v5.

Anyways, hold your heads high. I hope you guys got a new hatred for Corey Perry like Nashville does since we met in the playoffs. d-bag.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This is all on me. It was my fault. I admit it. I wasn't able to get to a computer to throw the frozen puck. That's why the Stars lost.

I let you down. I go to the box for 2 minutes and feel shame.

:pb::blush::baghead:

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
glassing.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.37.JPG

This was last season guys. We have gone ways away.

No, that was this season, you can see the new jerseys in the background

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
saw the highlights last night. First thing that came to mind was Leafs/Bruins game 7 last year. Very similar outcome. Leafs blew 3 goal lead in 11 minutes, Dallas blew 2 goal lead in 2 minutes, both lose in overtime. So for the Dallas fans, we as Leaf fans feel your pain - and speaking from experience, the whole thing blows over in a day or 2 lol. It won't matter in a few days, you'll realize it's just a game. It sucks yeah, but the shock wears off and real life kicks back in quickly.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
FWIW a lot of Bruins posters did that when Joe Thornton got traded. There are still some people who can't let that one go either. :shakehead

Get a life people. It is just a game*

*Unless the Bruins are playing Montreal. Then it is all out war :rant:

Indeed. I wish I could cheer for y'all, but the amount of boasting would be intolerable this offseason. I have no doubt some would come on here and talk smack.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur

I fully remembered this year why I love the game so much, and even while I sat there in stunned silence on the game with 22 seconds left, I wasn't angry. As I said on twitter, I was disappointed sure...but we're just happy to be there and those boys left everything they had on the ice for us. It just didn't go our way.

Well said Lobo. Looking forward to next season.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Indeed. I wish I could cheer for y'all, but the amount of boasting would be intolerable this offseason. I have no doubt some would come on here and talk smack.

You're a Mod. Infract or ban their sorry @$$es.

I seldom visit other teams' boards but when I do I don't troll- I hate it when other fans come to our board to talk smack, I'm certainly not going to do the same thing when I go to another board.

As for the main boards I never go there. Never. Talk about pits full of trolls :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad