PDF/WCSF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Series Tied 1-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Popular belief amongst who, Sharks fans?

Other than our tandem goalie collapse during mid season it’s been a pretty solid reg and post season for us.

Standings, historical performances etc. I mean there wasn't much spread between say Oilers and avs. Just as a for instance.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Yes they keep Mikko on the second line for the most part. They only put the big three together if they get a favorable icing or they need to push for a goal.

I felt like the big 3 were together most of game 2. I could easily be mistaken, though

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Starfish Defense Protocol™ is grossly underrated

nobody snow angels the +/- up like Burns
You'd be surprised how well it works. If course he's covering like 13 feet of passing lane when he lies down with his stick.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This thread has turned into such garbage lol

That guy is an idiot.

Let's talk about hockey.

I think San Jose has more trouble in games 3/4 without the last change.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
This thread has turned into such garbage lol

That guy is an idiot.

Let's talk about hockey.

I think San Jose has more trouble in games 3/4 without the last change.

They do, but at the same time we haven't found an answer to Burns yet. Sure the one goal would have likely not happened if Kerfoot's skate hadn't exploded, but he has been dominant in games 1 and 2 to the extent that MacKinnon was in round 1. Not to say MacKinnon still isn't one of the biggest threats out there, just right now Burns is a bigger threat....and a hairier one......

Reactions: MacBradley

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Unlike the other 2 playoff games at Pepsi, don't expect another 50+ shot barrage against Jones.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They do, but at the same time we haven't found an answer to Burns yet. Sure the one goal would have likely not happened if Kerfoot's skate hadn't exploded, but he has been dominant in games 1 and 2 to the extent that MacKinnon was in round 1. Not to say MacKinnon still isn't one of the biggest threats out there, just right now Burns is a bigger threat....and a hairier one......
I think our 2nd/3rd lines can do a better job against Burns. His late goals last game were alright, but didn't matter.

Reactions: Tike Myson

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Barrie seemed like he answered Burns just fine last game.

Reactions: MacBradley

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Sharks needed a wake up call imo. Contrary to popular belief these avs can play.

Do the avs split up mack rantanen and landeskog at home? We didn't really have an answer for that

It’s hard to say. It’s been months since those 3 actually started a game on the same line.

But like other posters have said, they still play together throughout games whether it’s after an icing or when the Avs need a goal late in the game.

My guess is they start game 3 with Rantanen on the 2nd line as they have all playoffs, but Rantanen will still see plenty of ice time with Landeskog and MacKinnon with Bednar having last change at home.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Sharks need to body up the Avs D more. I think it’ll pay dividends in games 6/7.

Can’t wait for MacK to explode to start laying the forecheck on. By then it’ll be too late.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
What the Sharks need to do is hem the Mac Line in their own end where they can't create offense and it's not like any of them are Patrice Bergeron defensively. Put the Couture line along with Vlasic/Burns on the ice for all defensive zone faceoffs(minus icings ofcourse). Also maybe Deboer should split up his best defensive pairing and his best defensive line to give them more options. The Avs are going to try to get Mac out there against the Thornton line so maybe Deboer could atleast get Vlasic/Burns on the ice when that happens. It's these matchups where the coach earns their money. A cat and mouse game, chess match.

The Avs have the advantage of having the better top line but the Sharks have the advantage of having more depth. The Sharks top 3 lines can all score. And this is even without Pavs and Donskoi(though Donskoi is in a huge goal scoring drought).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad