PC Building Guide and Discussion #14

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
$160 with a $145 price beat, it was just too good to pass up, I got greedy.
I get it. I'm waiting for the 9800X3D, but if I were to see the 5800X3D going for around $105 USD (what $145 CAD equates to), I'd be very tempted to jump on it, myself.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Intel is completely f***ing lost.

Like, this is prime AMD Bulldozer territory in terms of being lost.
That's because Intel insists on doing everything in-house. AMD and Nvidia went towards TSMC as they have the best technology. Meanwhile, Intel have been lagging behind and their new architecture keeps being delayed.

Their answer has been to keep pumping more voltage in their chips so that they can hit bigger numbers making them more and more inefficient. The bigger problem is that now their high-end chips are unstable as the insane amounts of voltage are destroying them prematurely. It's just a mess.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That's because Intel insists on doing everything in-house. AMD and Nvidia went towards TSMC as they have the best technology. Meanwhile, Intel have been lagging behind and their new architecture keeps being delayed.

Their answer has been to keep pumping more voltage in their chips so that they can hit bigger numbers making them more and more inefficient. The bigger problem is that now their high-end chips are unstable as the insane amounts of voltage are destroying them prematurely. It's just a mess.

The other problem, I think, is that if they did go TSMC, they can't because I believe they are generally full up for orders, so no way would they be able to take in Intel. Maybe Intel should hire former TSMC manufacture architects or something to help resolve their shit with their factories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad