Value of: Pavelski to Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Faksa isn't really good anymore and he's got a few more years left on his contract. I don't think it's necessarily a swap that Avs fans should want.

I personally wouldn't mind gambling on him, but if he has really fallen off that much maybe a change of scenery trade like Compher for Faksa?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Klingberg is significantly worse then Girard at both ends of the ice.

We literally get worse, and give up the player signed to a great contract for another 5 years. Flat out awful deal.

Klingberg is probably a 60-70 point player on the Avs. Girard is not better offensively than him lol wow. One of the worst takes I've seen. Only Makar would be better offensively on the Avs D

Girard plays on the easiest team in the league to score with from the backend and is still hardly outproducing Klingberg, who is having a down year.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Devon Toews would like a word

Klingberg is better than Toews offensively. On the Avs he'd be producing the same or better.

Klingberg has always been insanely underrated. One the most skilled dmen in the league. Could count on one hand using only a few fingers the dmen who are more individually talented than him offensively

Reactions: Grabner

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That'd make sense.

Whats up with Jost anyways? Seems to be a perfect fit skill-wise for Colorado but the production just isn't there. Low hockey IQ, effort level, or something else?

High effort level, good hockey IQ. Just weak and average speed. Also uses a stupidly long stick so can never win faceoffs.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think the only way the Avs trade a first this deadline is to get a cheap solid veteran that will be on the team for at least another season. Think Coleman/Goodrew type trade. Very few pure rentals work out.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Is Pavelski a good fit for the Avs style of play? He’s a bit of a plodder. He’s got the smarts and skill of course. He might make more sense on a “big heavy” team?

Pavs would be great with Kadri.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Pavelski

Thats a pretty heavy Top6. It`s 2 1st lines right there.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Is Pavelski a good fit for the Avs style of play? He’s a bit of a plodder. He’s got the smarts and skill of course. He might make more sense on a “big heavy” team?

He plays with Hintz and it seems to work out. Robertson is also not a real fast skater. Besides, what type of team wouldn't benefit from a guy who can tip pucks in from in front of the net? At the trade deadline, salary probably doesn't mean much, but the Stars could retain for that little bit of the season that is left, if it made a difference in return.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Klingberg is probably a 60-70 point player on the Avs. Girard is not better offensively than him lol wow. One of the worst takes I've seen. Only Makar would be better offensively on the Avs D

Girard plays on the easiest team in the league to score with from the backend and is still hardly outproducing Klingberg, who is having a down year.
the problem Klingberg is a rental Girard has a good contract term.
I don't think Colorado looking for a point producer in defense.
Klingberg will not be happy in Colorado because Makar has 1:30 per power play ice time.
If Colorado looking for a def, they prefer a penality killer

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What GM would pay full price for Girard? He gets caved in during big games and is a liability in the playoffs

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So can we fax the papers to Dallas? Jost + 1st <-> Pavs with necessary retention.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I would be on board with Pavs going full mercenary with Colorado, maybe helping them out on a deep run.

Don't know much about Jost, but collecting first round picks sure seems like a good idea heading into this offseason.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
A 1st + jost seems pretty low compared to what other teams would likely offer for pavelski.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Klingberg is better than Toews offensively. On the Avs he'd be producing the same or better.

Klingberg has always been insanely underrated. One the most skilled dmen in the league. Could count on one hand using only a few fingers the dmen who are more individually talented than him offensively

Since the start of 2018-19, Klingberg is 20th in total points among D, and 17th in PPG among D (100 games minimum). He's definitely a good offensive 2nd pairing D (store brand Tyson Barrie?), but I'm not sure how you call him one of the top 5 offensively talented defensemen in the league.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Since the start of 2018-19, Klingberg is 20th in total points among D, and 17th in PPG among D (100 games minimum). He's definitely a good offensive 2nd pairing D (store brand Tyson Barrie?), but I'm not sure how you call him one of the top 5 offensively talented defensemen in the league.
In a different organization klingberg would have a lot better stats .

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think he could fetch a 1st + a decent prospect .I don’t think jost adds much value to the trade .
Who’s been the best prospect added to a 1st rounder for a rental in recent memory? Perhaps I’m mistaking but I feel the 1st rounder is usually the biggest piece in these deadline rental deals. Only one that comes to mind is Brannstrom for Stone but that wasn’t in addition to a 1st. Plus Stone came with an extension agreed on which pretty much negates the rental part too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Can't judge his numbers without taking into consideration how bad the team is offensively. No dman would produce much in the Stars defensive system. Put him on Colorado or any team that encourages offense and he would take off again. Skill-wise he's easily top 5, but is held back by the Stars system. Just check out Rick Bowness' comments the other day about Klingberg. He's trying to get him to change his game completely. I'd imagine he will go back to producing normally if he gets a team that at least tries offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad