Value of: Pavelski to Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Pavelski would check multiple boxes for the Avs: positional versatility, great at faceoffs, could be an upgrade to our PK, excellent playoff performer and so on. Great fit.

What's the price? 1st + B prospect?

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I'd want a 1st + Tyson Jost.

No clue what Jost's value is but I just like his game so.

With a three team trade clause Pavelski can pretty much dictate where he wants to go, so I think it's unlikely you get that kind of value.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If you retain on the necessary amount of Pavs contract I'd do this.

I'd imagine Jost's value is around 3rd round pick nowadays.

That'd make sense.

Whats up with Jost anyways? Seems to be a perfect fit skill-wise for Colorado but the production just isn't there. Low hockey IQ, effort level, or something else?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
That'd make sense.

Whats up with Jost anyways? Seems to be a perfect fit skill-wise for Colorado but the production just isn't there. Low hockey IQ, effort level, or something else?

The guy works hard on and off the ice and I would say his hockey IQ is just fine. His style doesn't fit the Avs at all and he would do much better in lower tempo system.

Last season he was excellent defensive player and we thought he could become a very valuable bottom six two way forward for us, this season he has been a non factor. He has glimpses every now and then, change of scenery would do him good.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With a three team trade clause Pavelski can pretty much dictate where he wants to go, so I think it's unlikely you get that kind of value.

He's scoring at a point per game, brings veteran leadership GMs love and has a history of playoff production. That's worth a 1st and a kicker piece, even if he wants to force his way somewhere. Colorado, if it were that team, would be foolish to squeeze and potentially not get the player. Sometimes, it's better to not a make a trade than it is to lose a trade, so that other GMs know they can't push you around in the future.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That'd make sense.

He has had to play with Helm and McDermid far too often, but that doesn't excuse his lack of finish.
He will go on streaks, but this season he has had less impact on the 4th line and PK than he did last season with more 3rd line minutes.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and Murzu

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I'm sure Pavelski would love to go to the clear best team in the west though. Considering the difference in contenders in the east vs west, Colorado might have the best odds of making the finals.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I'm sure Pavelski would love to go to the clear best team in the west though. Considering the difference in contenders in the east vs west, Colorado might have the best odds of making the finals.

Colorado and their goaltending won't make it out of the third round. Will be lucky to make it to the third round.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Your list seems to have cut off

giphy.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not if they win the Cup its not

We're getting closer to Sam Girard not having that kind of value

But yeah Colorado overpays to go for it

Klingberg is significantly worse then Girard at both ends of the ice.

We literally get worse, and give up the player signed to a great contract for another 5 years. Flat out awful deal.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Terrible idea.

Avs don't need Pavs.

This Avs roster is already great. It will come down to goaltending,luck and injuries when it comes to determining how far they go. Adding a Pavelski doesn't do much in that regard.

It also leaves us with Kuemper, Kadri, Burakovsky, Nichushkin and Pavelski as UFAs this offseason and no 1st round pick or any assets available to replace any of them via trade if a few of them walk.

Thats a quick way to ruin our chances in the future.
Just to stack a forward core on a team that is already scoring at a crazy rate.

No thank you.

If he wants to chase a cup in the offseason and sign here shortterm on a decent contract in the summer, that could make some sense. Trading a 1st + for him does not make any sense.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Think that's a fair ask, but I highly doubt Joe does that.

Could there be a deal around Jost for Faksa?

Faksa isn't really good anymore and he's got a few more years left on his contract. I don't think it's necessarily a swap that Avs fans should want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad