Pavelec and Byfuglien pronounciation

Switlo

Oct 19, 2011
As a Russian-speaker myself I've been always amused by the way North American commentators pronounce non-English names and surnames:) it is what it is, it's the same here in Europe-Russia we all pronounce things like we feel more comfortable for us.Here in Russia Isac Newton is Eesakh Neuutong:)) we stand correct with Czech names cause we share kinda similar language but anyway I prefer to ignore NA butchering of names and I don't mind, for example Nail Yakupov's name is so butchered it makes a good laugh hearing it, also as I know French a bit from my University times I find it hard not to laugh when I hear Florida commentators saying Jonathan Huberdeau in like half-english way:) guys just relax it's nothing to dig here we both would never pronounce Chinese names right)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
As a Russian-speaker myself I've been always amused by the way North American commentators pronounce non-English names and surnames:) it is what it is, it's the same here in Europe-Russia we all pronounce things like we feel more comfortable for us.Here in Russia Isac Newton is Eesakh Neuutong:)) we stand correct with Czech names cause we share kinda similar language but anyway I prefer to ignore NA butchering of names and I don't mind, for example Nail Yakupov's name is so butchered it makes a good laugh hearing it, also as I know French a bit from my University times I find it hard not to laugh when I hear Florida commentators saying Jonathan Huberdeau in like half-english way:) guys just relax it's nothing to dig here we both would never pronounce Chinese names right)

I have to agree with you. Byfuglien pronounced the correct way would be very hard for broadcasters. It also depends on the person with the non-english name.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pretty sure I need to go over the "Y" sound again...

Put it back in your pants bro.

And yeah, it's exactly the same as in Swedish. Except for the first part when she went up and down in tones. Our happens (Händer) sounds exactly the same as our hands (Händer). We just kinda assume that people know what we're talking about when we're talking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad