Pavel Datsyuk inducted into the Hall of Fame

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
All hail the Magic Man!

gallery_16438_33_1351794.jpg

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Very happy Datsyuk made it in as a 1st-timer. Incredibly complete, and most unique, players to have ever played the game. So very happy I was able to watch his Wings' career from start to finish.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I abhor the stupid arbitrary caps they put on numbers of players in a year. Particularly when "first ballot" is some badge of honor.

Like "Well, he's not worth it this year, but he will be in next year when we have more room or something.

The question for every player ever for the Hall should be a simple one. Do you think they belong in the Hall of Fame. Yes or no. Like Pavel Datsyuk playing, we knew we were watching greatness as it happened. Nick Lidstrom was a Hall of Famer at like age 30 with half a career left.

I suppose I just don't understand the hemming and hawing over whether a guy deserves it. Your answer should be a simple "yes" or "no". If a guy needs a long and nuanced argument for why he should make it... he's not a Hall of Famer.

Example:
Steve Yzerman. Obvious Hall of Famer from the second he retired.
Dominik Hasek. Obvious Hall of Famer from the second he retired the first time.
Sakic, Forsberg, Roy. Obvious.

Osgood. Way too much parsing of stats and was it him or was it the team to be obvious, so sorry Chris, no Hall of Fame for you outside of name on the Cup multiple times.

Last edited:
Reactions: iDangleDangle

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zetterberg was awesome for Red Wings, and they called them euro tweens, but please stop winning about Z . Datsyuk was something else , outside this world. When he was on the ice I didn't care about anyone else. Gretzky is a great one, Mcdavid is the best ever hockey player and Datsyuk was the most fun to watch

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Kinda disappointed, he just came for this camp , not interesting coaching. , don't care about scouting, nothing about Buchelnikov

I think because of the Russia/Ukraine conflict it complicates things with Russian prospects, it is probably one of the main reasons that we haven't picked many Russians from the draft for awhile also.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
My man's trying to get his number retired.
And he absolutely should get it retired. What more could you reasonably ask for from a player?

Played entire career for the Red Wings, helped win multiple Stanley Cups and is now going to be in the HHOF. That should be the criteria, you meet that, your number goes up.

Anyone who wants to point out him going back home with a year left on his deal, don't even start.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
And he absolutely should get it retired. What more could you reasonably ask for from a player?

Played entire career for the Red Wings, helped win multiple Stanley Cups and is now going to be in the HHOF. That should be the criteria, you meet that, your number goes up.

Anyone who wants to point out him going back home with a year left on his deal, don't even start.
Datsyuk is unique

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Absolutely disgusting they didn't put in Zetterberg AGAIN especially this year to go in with Datsyuk.

Huge congrats to Datsyuk but this pisses me off and somewhat ruins the moment.
I do believe Z will eventually get in but he was a tier down from the magic man.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Congratulations to Dats. He was exceptional. And we get to keep watching another Hall of Famer this year...

After watching a season of Kane on the Wings, it really impressed upon me that he's the only guy who could keep up with Datsyuk's stick work and creativity. I think we all knew that, it's just different seeing it every night I suppose.

As for the Zetterberg snub, what a load of bullshit. But I've long been on the Zetterberg truther committee here. Datsyuk always got all the attention but if I needed one guy for a playoff game, no question who I'm calling first. Not a slight to Datsyuk either, Zetterberg was just that good of a complete player and drew the toughest assignments.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

He addressed missing the final year of his contract in the press conference. Saying his heart wasn’t in it anymore and he hopes the fans would understand. Or at least that’s how I interpreted it. I appreciated him saying that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad