kook10

Jun 27, 2011
All hail the Magic Man!

gallery_16438_33_1351794.jpg

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Very happy Datsyuk made it in as a 1st-timer. Incredibly complete, and most unique, players to have ever played the game. So very happy I was able to watch his Wings' career from start to finish.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
I abhor the stupid arbitrary caps they put on numbers of players in a year. Particularly when "first ballot" is some badge of honor.

Like "Well, he's not worth it this year, but he will be in next year when we have more room or something.

The question for every player ever for the Hall should be a simple one. Do you think they belong in the Hall of Fame. Yes or no. Like Pavel Datsyuk playing, we knew we were watching greatness as it happened. Nick Lidstrom was a Hall of Famer at like age 30 with half a career left.

I suppose I just don't understand the hemming and hawing over whether a guy deserves it. Your answer should be a simple "yes" or "no". If a guy needs a long and nuanced argument for why he should make it... he's not a Hall of Famer.

Example:
Steve Yzerman. Obvious Hall of Famer from the second he retired.
Dominik Hasek. Obvious Hall of Famer from the second he retired the first time.
Sakic, Forsberg, Roy. Obvious.

Osgood. Way too much parsing of stats and was it him or was it the team to be obvious, so sorry Chris, no Hall of Fame for you outside of name on the Cup multiple times.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zetterberg was awesome for Red Wings, and they called them euro tweens, but please stop winning about Z . Datsyuk was something else , outside this world. When he was on the ice I didn't care about anyone else. Gretzky is a great one, Mcdavid is the best ever hockey player and Datsyuk was the most fun to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad