Value of: Pavel Buchnevich to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Rangers fans will likely scoff at this but Buchnevich sure as shit won't be cheap.
We could get an absolute haul for him. Like if we dealt to a division rival, we could get Stankoven, Bischel, and take Faksa for Buchnevich.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Buchnevich + Barbashev for CAR 2023 1st + PHI 2024 2nd + Jack Drury + any B prospect (Gunler, Suzuki, Heimosalmi, Trikozov, etc.)

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Nothing like a drunken overpayment on a Saturday night.
Guy is a point per game two way player in his prime under contract at a very good rate for 2.5 years. It’s not our fault Drury was a dumbass a year and a half ago. We could get an absolute haul if we put him out there.

Buchnevich + Barbashev for CAR 2023 1st + PHI 2024 2nd + Jack Drury + any B prospect (Gunler, Suzuki, Heimosalmi, Trikozov, etc.)
No thanks

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Buchnevich to anywhere would require an absolute haul. An all-situations, complete winger, scoring ppg+ for multiple seasons, on a steal of a contract for 2.5 seasons. I'm not moving him unless I'm getting a high-end defensive propsect that is a relatively safe bet to play top pair minutes. If you can provide us the main thing we are missing in a rebuild, then we can talk.

And, I'm absolutely willing to talk, but with 2.5 seasons, we'll have time to wait and still move him later if we are still in a rebuild phase. He's young enough to be the vet with the Thomas/Kyrou and younger core, so if he's willing to stay, then we should hold on to him.

Last edited:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Buchnevich to anywhere would require an absolute haul. An all-situations, complete winger, scoring ppg+ for multiple seasons, on a steal of a contract for 2.5 seasons. I'm not moving him unless I'm getting a high-end defensive propsect that is a relatively safe bet to play top pair minutes. If you can provide us the main thing we are missing in a rebuild, then we can talk.
Yep, this is all true. Which is why I hated when Drury traded him.

Should've not signed Nemeth and Goodrow. Or moved on from an aging, worse player in Kreider.

The worst part is we could've dealt him after the season, we would've gotten at least as much as we did by trading him to you.

Buch is a funny guy and an amazing player. I miss him on our team.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

And, I'm absolutely willing to talk, but with 2.5 seasons, we'll have time to wait and still move him later if we are still in a rebuild phase. He's young enough to be the vet with the Thomas/Kyrou and younger core, so if he's willing to stay, then we should hold on to him.
This is the right answer.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Yep, this is all true. Which is why I hated when Drury traded him.

Should've not signed Nemeth and Goodrow. Or moved on from an aging, worse player in Kreider.

The worst part is we could've dealt him after the season, we would've gotten at least as much as we did by trading him to you.

Buch is a funny guy and an amazing player. I miss him on our team.
Speaking from an Islander fan perspective. Even if you rate Buchnevich as the more complete player... I genuinely feel that Kreider (in context to the current Ranger lineup) makes you harder to play against than Buchnevich. Maybe a year or two from now that might change. But the ideal would've been Buchnevich and Kreider.

Which brings it back to your other suggestion of Buchenvich over Nemeth and Goodrow would definitely been the way to go. But I don't follow the rangers with great detail, so what would I know... :dunno:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Unless Buchy is requesting a trade I don't see the Blues trading him. And even if he did, it would still take a severe overpayment. PPG+ defensively sound players on amazing contacts don't grow on trees.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Buchnevich is part of the Blues young core with Thomas, Kyrou, Snuggerud, Bolduc, Neighbors, Alexandrov and numerous 1sts, 2nds and 3rds draft picks.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Love Buchnevich. We turned him into a complete player before we let him go but I just don't see a possiblity of our trading for him back. The cap was the reason we decided to trade him (it was pretty much either him or Kreider) and the cap is the reason we can't take him back.

Rangers would not move Lafreniere for him. They will move Kravtsov if not at this deadline almost certainly before next season starts.....that's if he doesn't return to his Russian team. I think of him as a flight risk anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad