Post-Game Talk: Patriots V. Jaguars: Pats fall to 1-6

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
So much for the wr drafting improving with Wolf. The two guys he drafted either can't get on the field, or shouldn't be on the field.

Also is it just me that thinks it was pointless going for 2 there? It's still a 2 possession game instead of 1 because they failed to convert it instead of kicking the extra point

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So much for the wr drafting improving with Wolf. The two guys he drafted either can't get on the field, or shouldn't be on the field.

Also is it just me that thinks it was pointless going for 2 there? It's still a 2 possession game instead of 1 because they failed to convert it instead of kicking the extra point

You need to know if you got the two-point conversion now because it gives you more information and informs how you play the rest of the game. It's better to try and get it now in case you fail basically. Better to fail with more time than less.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

Just you. They knew they would need to go for it either on that possession or the next, might as well see if you can convert it on the first try.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Patriots are pathetic, the team is below rebuild. They can't get enough players thru the draft, free agency, and trades to make major improvements.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I just cannot understand why this organization decided not to do anything about the OL for 3 years.

Get this kid protection and a #1 WR who actually has good hands and he's good.

They should of won this game.

Polk is a liability.

Our defense sucks.

Drake Maye is a stud.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
One of the biggest problems with how bad they are is that good players won't want to come here no matter how much money they offer. You're left overpaying secondary players who aren't going to move the needle.

Reactions: rfournier103

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah, I am expecting a Bledsoe Year Two type of explosion from Maye next year. Kid has the skills to be great.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
There was similar hype for Mac through his first couple games. The difference though, is that Mac had offensive line that wasn't worse than donkey butt.

Maye is doing the same (to maybe a little more) with far less, so if he can stay healthy, that's a big upside for him.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's kind of funny how they passed up Adonai Mitchell because of alleged character concerns, and ended up with someone with their own character issues, let alone actual performance issues.

Reactions: CDJ and BigGoalBrad

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There was similar hype for Mac through his first couple games. The difference though, is that Mac had offensive line that wasn't worse than donkey butt.

Maye is doing the same (to maybe a little more) with far less, so if he can stay healthy, that's a big upside for him.
One big difference of course is Maye has NFL level physical tools where Mac did not

Last edited:

Ad

Ad

Ad