Patrik Laine

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
The explanation for his fall off that I came up with is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game. The reasons behind his fall off is not mental health, is not injuries, is not the Jake McCabe hit, is not him being healthy scratched, is not the league figured his tendencies out, is not that the power play goals were not there, is not that he had no confidence, is not that he was not able to utilize his strengths, is not him trying to re-invent his game, is not him trying to focus on being a complete player, is not weak work ethic, is not poor conditioning, is not attitude problems, is not gaining weight, is not his Fortnite addiction, I will explain how all of these reasons are not the reasons for his fall off.

Mental Health Problems
The reason for Laine falling off is not mental health problems. I'm not saying he didn't have problems before I am saying based on what I found he got mental health problems when his dad died but his dad died November 21st 2021 when he was with the Blue Jackets, he fell off before 2021 and was when with the Jets, and it makes sense that he had mental health problems when his dad died, his mental health problems were depression and anxiety and if your dad just died you would probably have depression and most people with depression also have anxiety In this article https://athlonsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens/canadiens-patrik-laine-struggles-linked-father-death it says "According to Gelinas, Laine's mental health issues might be related to the sudden death of his father in 2021, a dramatic event that could have turned into a significant factor behind the player's issues on and off the ice." This statement proves that he most likely got his mental health problems when his dad died. It also says "Gelinas pointed out that following his father's passing, Laine's career trajectory took a downturn." This statement is not true his numbers during 2021 actually got better than they were before his dad died, so this means his dads death did not affect his numbers or at least didn't affect them and a negative way. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Injuries
The reason Laine fell off is not because of injuries. Yes he's had injuries but they were never career ending or career altering injuries, Even if wasn't hurt and always health, and played every game of his career theres not one season he was on pace for 40 or more goals except his first season he was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and his second season he got 44 goals in 82 games, then he fell off and the closest he ever got to being on pace for 40 or more goals was 2021-2022 he was on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. These are his on pace goal, assist, and point totals, (2016-2017)
40 goals, 31 assist, 72 points, (2017-2018) 44 goals, 26 assist, 70 points, (2018-2019) 30 goals, 20 assist, 50 points, (2019-2020) 34 goals, 42 assist, 76 points, ( In 2020-2021 he played on game with the jets and got 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 point I am not going to include this game) (2020-2021) 20 goals, 21 assist, 38 points, (2021-2022) 38 goals, 44 assist, 82 points, (2022-2023) 33 goals, 45 assist, 78 points, (2023-2024) 27 goals, 14 assist, 41 points. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game.

Jake McCabe Hit
The reason Laine fell off is not the Jake McCabe hit. Before the hit if we include the game he got hit he had 21 goals in 42 games which put him on pace for 41 goals in 82 games and and the rest of the games he played he had 15 goals in 31 games which puts him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games and if we don't include the game he gets hit that gives him 21 goals in 41 games which put him on pace for 42 goals in 82 games and then for the rest of the games he played 15 goals in 31 games which put him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games. The numbers he put up that season 36 goals in 73 games puts him on pace for 40 goals and if we don't include the game he got hit its 36 goals in 72 games which puts him on pace 41 goals in in 82 games, and taking away the game matters because although he played that game he still had 14 minutes left to play were he could have scored one goal or more but he didn't get the chance because he left after the hit and since he didn’t get to play the full game I’m removing it so it doesn’t count against him since he didn't get the full game to try and score one goal or more. So he was on pace to put to up almost the same amount goals before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so his play afterwards was not impacted by the hit. Also he put 44 goals in 82 games so he put up about the same amount goals he was on pace to put the last season before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so the hit didn't impact his play the next season. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
when i say including the game he got hit I mean the games all the games to when he got hit and including that game and then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which. Then when i say not including the game he got hit i mean every game up till the game he got hit and we take the whole game away he got hit as if he didn't play it, then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which.

Healthy Scratches
The reason Laine fell off is not because of healthy scratches. He was a healthy scratch because he was under performing. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

The League Figured His Tendencies Out
The reason Laine fell off is not because the league figured his tendencies out. Ovi has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play and Laine has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play as well so if they have similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both why has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't, the answer I came up with is Laine has a skill issue because Laine and Ovi have a similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both but has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Power Play Goals Were Not There
The reason Laine fell off is not because the power play goals were not there. Yes the power play helped him get goal production but you still have to be skilled to get power play goals and if he's not able to get power play goals thats a skill issue. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

No Confidence
The reason Laine fell off is not because Laine had no confidence. Yes he’s been known for to have problems with having no confidence but most of the times when he had no confidence it came from having slumps but he doesn't have slumps all the time so that means he doesn't have no confidence all of the time which means that can't be the reason for his fall off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Not Able To Utilize His Strengths
The reason Laine fell of is not because he is not able to utilize his strengths, he was able utilize his strengths he used his shots and his hands which are his strengths, especially on the power play where he used his one-tee, it's just that his skills were only good enough to produce the numbers that he produced. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Trying to Reinvent Himself
The reason Laine fell off is not because he was trying to re-invent himself as a player. When he was trying to re-invent himself as a player it wasn’t at the time he he fell off so that can be the reason he fell off. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Focused On Being A Complete Player
The reason Laine fell off is not focus on being a complete player. I'm not saying he's not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center right now but when he fell off he was not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center, he was a goal scoring winger.

Weak Work Ethic
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has a weak work ethic. Yes he has been known to have a weak work ethic but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has a weak work ethic that just just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Poor Conditioning
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has poor conditioning. Yes he has poor conditioning but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has poor conditioning thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Attitude Problems
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has attitude problems. Yes he has been know to have attitude problems but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has attitude problems thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Gaining Weight
The reason Laine fell off is not because of gaining weight. Him gaining weight has nothing to do with his skill for example Ovi was 210-220 when he was younger and he was good and Laine is only 204 as of right now and even if he did weigh more before now he didn't weight more than 220. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Fortnite Addiction
The reason Laine fell off is not because of his Fortnite addiction. In this article Winnipeg Jets Paul Maurice Helping Patrik Laine Through Fortnite Trouble it says "Laine took his first day off Fortnite November 18 and since then had 11 goals in 4 games" but that doesn't explain afterwards, if he stop playing Fortnite November 18th and the scored the 11 goals in 4 games then why after the end of November till the end of the season did he only score 9 goals in 58 games, he had just 18 goals in the month of November thats more than half the amount of goals he had the whole season and he only had 30 goals that season. The rest of the goals he scored were 3 of them coming October before he stopped playing Fortnite and then rest of the goals he got after he stopped playing Fortnite were just 3 in just in the month of December, 1 in January, 4 in February, 1 in March, and 0 in April and hasn't been able to get back to that level of play from his first two seasons after the his first two seasons. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Bad Team
The reason Laine fell off is not because he played on a bad team. Yes he has played on a bad team but he has also played on a good team, the good team was the Winnipeg Jets and the bad team was the Columbus Blue Jackets. He fell off when he was on the Winnipeg Jets. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
All this and you completely missed the mark. Try and understand that Laine's downfall is all because of Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg management trying to sandbag him in order to try and get him on a cheap deal and this goes back to the end of November 2018. Back then Laine had just tied Wayne Gretzky's and Mike Bossy's record for goals in November with 18 goals. And that's when Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg management started to talk about 2 way play and how important it is to mold Laine into one. This was just because they didn't want to extend him to the kind of monster deal that Jack Eichel got.
All this talk about defense and two way play broke Laine and you just need to take a look at his stats at the end of November 2018 and what he's been able to do since! It's clear as day that that was were all the trouble began!

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
All this and you completely missed the mark. Try and understand that Laine's downfall is all because of Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg management trying to sandbag him in order to try and get him on a cheap deal and this goes back to the end of November 2018. Back then Laine had just tied Wayne Gretzky's and Mike Bossy's record for goals in November with 18 goals. And that's when Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg management started to talk about 2 way play and how important it is to mold Laine into one. This was just because they didn't want to extend him to the kind of monster deal that Jack Eichel got.
All this talk about defense and two way play broke Laine and you just need to take a look at his stats at the end of November 2018 and what he's been able to do since! It's clear as day that that was were all the trouble began!
You know that Laine is an abled body human with a brain that takes his own decisions on the ice?

He is allowed to carry the puck and cut to the slot and try to score a goal if he wants , hockey is a multi directional sport and skates allow you to go in multiple directions , left right , front back.

You are acting like he was being controlled with a microchip in his brain against his will to stop scoring goals lmao

Your post is nonsense I don't know why I'm even replying

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
You know that Laine is an abled body human with a brain that takes his own decisions on the ice?

He is allowed to carry the puck and cut to the slot and try to score a goal if he wants , hockey is a multi directional sport and skates allow you to go in multiple directions , left right , front back.

You are acting like he was being controlled with a microchip in his brain against his will to stop scoring goals lmao

If Laine didn't try and play like the coach wanted him to play he would see his minutes reduced or get scratched for the following game.

Laine has always had his weaknesses and I've said multiple times that Laine needs strong booking to be successful! He needs to be on a well oiled powerplay that runs perfectly. He needs to be able to cherry pick his spots and have the rest of the line cover for him defensively. He needs to be put in a position were he can use his shot as much as possible and he needs to pick up cheap points like empty nettters to boost his stats and cofidence. That way you will get the most out of Laine!

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
If Laine didn't try and play like the coach wanted him to play he would see his minutes reduced or get scratched for the following game.

Laine has always had his weaknesses and I've said multiple times that Laine needs strong booking to be successful! He needs to be on a well oiled powerplay that runs perfectly. He needs to be able to cherry pick his spots and have the rest of the line cover for him defensively. He needs to be put in a position were he can use his shot as much as possible and he needs to pick up cheap points like empty nettters to boost his stats and cofidence. That way you will get the most out of Laine!
If he doesn't get minutes he can ask for a trade. He doesn't need a well oiled power play he still produced the same on the Blue Jackets power play and theirs in worst. He doesn't have to cherry pick, he can go end to end. He has become a better 2 way player so defense doesn't have to cover for him, he can get even strength points and even strength goals, he doesn't need cheap points like empty nettters to boost his stats.

Last edited:

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Not the reason for his down fall, his play still didn't change even after he got traded so the reason for his downfall isn't management, it's him.

Reactions: Stapler

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Pretty impressive lack of understanding of how coaching and team sports work.

Not even sure why I’m responding.

Reactions: squashmaple

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Pretty impressive lack of understanding of how coaching and team sports work.

Not even sure why I’m responding.
Not the reason for his down fall, his play still didn't change even after he got traded so the reason for his downfall isn't management, it's him.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
The explanation for his fall off that I came up with is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game. The reasons behind his fall off is not mental health, is not injuries, is not the Jake McCabe hit, is not him being healthy scratched, is not the league figured his tendencies out, is not that the power play goals were not there, is not that he had no confidence, is not that he was not able to utilize his strengths, is not him trying to re-invent his game, is not him trying to focus on being a complete player, is not weak work ethic, is not poor conditioning, is not attitude problems, is not gaining weight, is not his Fortnite addiction, I will explain how all of these reasons are not the reasons for his fall off.

Mental Health Problems
The reason for Laine falling off is not mental health problems. I'm not saying he didn't have problems before I am saying based on what I found he got mental health problems when his dad died but his dad died November 21st 2021 when he was with the Blue Jackets, he fell off before 2021 and was when with the Jets, and it makes sense that he had mental health problems when his dad died, his mental health problems were depression and anxiety and if your dad just died you would probably have depression and most people with depression also have anxiety In this article https://athlonsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens/canadiens-patrik-laine-struggles-linked-father-death it says "According to Gelinas, Laine's mental health issues might be related to the sudden death of his father in 2021, a dramatic event that could have turned into a significant factor behind the player's issues on and off the ice." This statement proves that he most likely got his mental health problems when his dad died. It also says "Gelinas pointed out that following his father's passing, Laine's career trajectory took a downturn." This statement is not true his numbers during 2021 actually got better than they were before his dad died, so this means his dads death did not affect his numbers or at least didn't affect them and a negative way. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Injuries
The reason Laine fell off is not because of injuries. Yes he's had injuries but they were never career ending or career altering injuries, Even if wasn't hurt and always health, and played every game of his career theres not one season he was on pace for 40 or more goals except his first season he was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and his second season he got 44 goals in 82 games, then he fell off and the closest he ever got to being on pace for 40 or more goals was 2021-2022 he was on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. These are his on pace goal, assist, and point totals, (2016-2017)
40 goals, 31 assist, 72 points, (2017-2018) 44 goals, 26 assist, 70 points, (2018-2019) 30 goals, 20 assist, 50 points, (2019-2020) 34 goals, 42 assist, 76 points, ( In 2020-2021 he played on game with the jets and got 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 point I am not going to include this game) (2020-2021) 20 goals, 21 assist, 38 points, (2021-2022) 38 goals, 44 assist, 82 points, (2022-2023) 33 goals, 45 assist, 78 points, (2023-2024) 27 goals, 14 assist, 41 points. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game.

Jake McCabe Hit
The reason Laine fell off is not the Jake McCabe hit. Before the hit if we include the game he got hit he had 21 goals in 42 games which put him on pace for 41 goals in 82 games and and the rest of the games he played he had 15 goals in 31 games which puts him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games and if we don't include the game he gets hit that gives him 21 goals in 41 games which put him on pace for 42 goals in 82 games and then for the rest of the games he played 15 goals in 31 games which put him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games. The numbers he put up that season 36 goals in 73 games puts him on pace for 40 goals and if we don't include the game he got hit its 36 goals in 72 games which puts him on pace 41 goals in in 82 games, and taking away the game matters because although he played that game he still had 14 minutes left to play were he could have scored one goal or more but he didn't get the chance because he left after the hit and since he didn’t get to play the full game I’m removing it so it doesn’t count against him since he didn't get the full game to try and score one goal or more. So he was on pace to put to up almost the same amount goals before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so his play afterwards was not impacted by the hit. Also he put 44 goals in 82 games so he put up about the same amount goals he was on pace to put the last season before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so the hit didn't impact his play the next season. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
when i say including the game he got hit I mean the games all the games to when he got hit and including that game and then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which. Then when i say not including the game he got hit i mean every game up till the game he got hit and we take the whole game away he got hit as if he didn't play it, then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which.

Healthy Scratches
The reason Laine fell off is not because of healthy scratches. He was a healthy scratch because he was under performing. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

The League Figured His Tendencies Out
The reason Laine fell off is not because the league figured his tendencies out. Ovi has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play and Laine has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play as well so if they have similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both why has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't, the answer I came up with is Laine has a skill issue because Laine and Ovi have a similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both but has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Power Play Goals Were Not There
The reason Laine fell off is not because the power play goals were not there. Yes the power play helped him get goal production but you still have to be skilled to get power play goals and if he's not able to get power play goals thats a skill issue. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

No Confidence
The reason Laine fell off is not because Laine had no confidence. Yes he’s been known for to have problems with having no confidence but most of the times when he had no confidence it came from having slumps but he doesn't have slumps all the time so that means he doesn't have no confidence all of the time which means that can't be the reason for his fall off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Not Able To Utilize His Strengths
The reason Laine fell of is not because he is not able to utilize his strengths, he was able utilize his strengths he used his shots and his hands which are his strengths, especially on the power play where he used his one-tee, it's just that his skills were only good enough to produce the numbers that he produced. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Trying to Reinvent Himself
The reason Laine fell off is not because he was trying to re-invent himself as a player. When he was trying to re-invent himself as a player it wasn’t at the time he he fell off so that can be the reason he fell off. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Focused On Being A Complete Player
The reason Laine fell off is not focus on being a complete player. I'm not saying he's not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center right now but when he fell off he was not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center, he was a goal scoring winger.

Weak Work Ethic
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has a weak work ethic. Yes he has been known to have a weak work ethic but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has a weak work ethic that just just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Poor Conditioning
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has poor conditioning. Yes he has poor conditioning but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has poor conditioning thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Attitude Problems
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has attitude problems. Yes he has been know to have attitude problems but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has attitude problems thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Gaining Weight
The reason Laine fell off is not because of gaining weight. Him gaining weight has nothing to do with his skill for example Ovi was 210-220 when he was younger and he was good and Laine is only 204 as of right now and even if he did weigh more before now he didn't weight more than 220. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Fortnite Addiction
The reason Laine fell off is not because of his Fortnite addiction. In this article Winnipeg Jets Paul Maurice Helping Patrik Laine Through Fortnite Trouble it says "Laine took his first day off Fortnite November 18 and since then had 11 goals in 4 games" but that doesn't explain afterwards, if he stop playing Fortnite November 18th and the scored the 11 goals in 4 games then why after the end of November till the end of the season did he only score 9 goals in 58 games, he had just 18 goals in the month of November thats more than half the amount of goals he had the whole season and he only had 30 goals that season. The rest of the goals he scored were 3 of them coming October before he stopped playing Fortnite and then rest of the goals he got after he stopped playing Fortnite were just 3 in just in the month of December, 1 in January, 4 in February, 1 in March, and 0 in April and hasn't been able to get back to that level of play from his first two seasons after the his first two seasons. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Bad Team
The reason Laine fell off is not because he played on a bad team. Yes he has played on a bad team but he has also played on a good team, the good team was the Winnipeg Jets and the bad team was the Columbus Blue Jackets. He fell off when he was on the Winnipeg Jets. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
TL/DR...(way, way, waaaay too long).

Whenever I see a wall of text like this in a Patrik Laine thread I get flashbacks to the threads from his rookie year when that one guy would write essays proclaiming that Laine would average 75 goals a year and likely crack 100 a season at least once.

Good times! :laugh:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
He never seemed to be as invested as the top guys are. Laine isn't quite bum level like PLD but the top guys worked hard to get where they are. You look at someone like Erik Karlsson, who've I been harshly critical of in the past, who came back from a huge injury and still worked hard to remain at the top of his game.

Maybe Laine doesn't want or need to be the best player, but he also hasn't put in the work to be the best that he can be as a player.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021

Dude did you even read what you posted? Pathetic that people are still spreading disinformation like this

You’re claiming that his entrance into the player assistance program 5 years after someone found his Fortnite handle is evidence of a “Fortnite addiction” and supporting that with an article that is clearly PARODY.

“Maurice even played a few duos with the youngster, showing him a thing or two. We don’t have access to those records.

Laine said the issue has been the same as his struggles on the ice: They’re all sweaty lobbies filled with sweaty squads. It’s a tough game.

Apparently they even brought Fortnite ace Dr. Lupo into practice to sit down with Laine, because he’s Dr. Lupo and he knows how to snipe. He was able to diagnose some of the technical issues, and recommended Laine land at Lucky Landing, with decent loot and not as hot of a drop.”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad