Player Discussion Patrik Laine

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Yes?

2016/17 73 games 5v5 21 goals
2017/18 82 games 5v5 22 goals
2021/22 56 games 5v5 14 goals (73/18, 82/21)
2022/23 55 games 5v5 13 goals (73/82/19)

with worse partners (except Gaudreau but Johnny made him worse, no chemistry), often injured but more better two way play
what is the yes for, what do the stats your showing me mean, and ovi had the worst team lanie had a team the had 57 points and and a teammate with 62, ovi had one other person on his team get 50 points besides himself that person only had 57 points, ovi had three other people than himself get atleast 40 points laine had 5 and ovi got 106 points, i know Laine didnt play every game but he was only on pace for 82 points in 82 games, ovi did better on a worst team than him.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
what is the yes for, what do the stats your showing me mean, and ovi had the worst team lanie had a team the had 57 points and and a teammate with 62, ovi had one other person on his team get 50 points besides himself that person only had 57 points, ovi had three other people than himself get atleast 40 points laine had 5 and ovi got 106 points, i know Laine didnt play every game but he was only on pace for 82 points in 82 games, ovi did better on a worst team than him.
O.K. and why Ovie? He is an generational talent, if he's healthy, he can break Wayne Gretzky's record.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
O.K. and why Ovie? He is an generational talent, if he's healthy, he can break Wayne Gretzky's record.
so your saying okay to that i was saying, the numbers you were showing were to show he had fallen off, and why ovi because laine was hyped to be a an ovechkin level goal scorer after his first 2 seasons especially after just coming 2nd in league goal scoring in only his second season at age 19.

based off his career so far i would say hes at Tarasenkos level as a goal scorer, a passer, and point producer just based off their stats.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
What happened to Patrik Laine goal scoring after his first two seasons?

He did really good his first two seasons scoring his first season (2016-2017, 18 years of age) 36 goals in 73 games (on pace for 40 goals) then his second season (2017-2018, 19 years of age) 44 goals in 82 games coming in 2nd for most goals in the league then after that he hasn't been able to put up those goal scoring totals since. The next season (2018-2019, 20 years of age) he has a big drop off and only scores 30 goals in 82 games and then never played a full season again but all those seasons he never was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games (2019-2020, 21 years of age) 28 goals in 68 games (lockout season teams playing only 68 to 71 games that depending on which team his played 71) he was on pace for 34 goals in 82 games, (2020-2021, 22 years of age) 12 goals in 46 games (lockout season all teams playing a max of 56 games, He played on game for the jets then was traded to the blue jackets and played the rest of his games there) he was on pace for 21 goals in 82 games, (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games (the closest he would ever get to 40 goals), (2022-2023, 24 years of age) 22 goals in 55 games puts him on pace for 33 goals in 82 games, (2023-2024, 25 years of age) 6 goals in 18 games that puts him on pace for 27 goals in 82 games. The only time he was on pace or got 40 or more goals was 2016-2017 he got 36 goals in 73 games that puts him on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and 2017-2018 he got 44 goals in 82 games, the closest he would ever get to 40 goals again is (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. Just in case anybody brings up the fact he has had injuries and healthy scratches , I know he has had injuries in the past but none of them were career altering or career ending injuries and He was healthy scratched because he was under performing.

Under is the explanation I came up with give me your thoughts on my explanation?

The explanation for his fall off that I came up with is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game. The reasons behind his fall off is not mental health, is not injuries, is not the Jake McCabe hit, is not him being healthy scratched, is not the league figured his tendencies out, is not that the power play goals were not there, is not that he had no confidence, is not that he was not able to utilize his strengths, is not him trying to re-invent his game, is not him trying to focus on being a complete player, is not weak work ethic, is not poor conditioning, is not attitude problems, is not gaining weight, is not his Fortnite addiction, is not management problems, I under is the explanations for how all of these reasons are not the reasons for his fall off.

Mental Health Problems
The reason for Laine falling off is not mental health problems. I'm not saying he didn't have problems before I am saying based on what I found he got mental health problems when his dad died but his dad died November 21st 2021 when he was with the Blue Jackets, he fell off before 2021 and was when with the Jets, and it makes sense that he had mental health problems when his dad died, his mental health problems were depression and anxiety and if your dad just died you would probably have depression and most people with depression also have anxiety In this article https://athlonsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens/canadiens-patrik-laine-struggles-linked-father-death it says "According to Gelinas, Laine's mental health issues might be related to the sudden death of his father in 2021, a dramatic event that could have turned into a significant factor behind the player's issues on and off the ice." This statement proves that he most likely got his mental health problems when his dad died. It also says "Gelinas pointed out that following his father's passing, Laine's career trajectory took a downturn." This statement is not true his numbers during 2021 actually got better than they were before his dad died, so this means his dads death did not affect his numbers or at least didn't affect them and a negative way. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Injuries
The reason Laine fell off is not because of injuries. Yes he's had injuries but they were never career ending or career altering injuries, Even if wasn't hurt and always health, and played every game of his career theres not one season he was on pace for 40 or more goals except his first season he was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and his second season he got 44 goals in 82 games, then he fell off and the closest he ever got to being on pace for 40 or more goals was 2021-2022 he was on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. These are his on pace goal, assist, and point totals, (2016-2017)
40 goals, 31 assist, 72 points, (2017-2018) 44 goals, 26 assist, 70 points, (2018-2019) 30 goals, 20 assist, 50 points, (2019-2020) 34 goals, 42 assist, 76 points, ( In 2020-2021 he played on game with the jets and got 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 point I am not going to include this game) (2020-2021) 20 goals, 21 assist, 38 points, (2021-2022) 38 goals, 44 assist, 82 points, (2022-2023) 33 goals, 45 assist, 78 points, (2023-2024) 27 goals, 14 assist, 41 points. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game.

Jake McCabe Hit
The reason Laine fell off is not the Jake McCabe hit. Before the hit if we include the game he got hit he had 21 goals in 42 games which put him on pace for 41 goals in 82 games and and the rest of the games he played he had 15 goals in 31 games which puts him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games and if we don't include the game he gets hit that gives him 21 goals in 41 games which put him on pace for 42 goals in 82 games and then for the rest of the games he played 15 goals in 31 games which put him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games. The numbers he put up that season 36 goals in 73 games puts him on pace for 40 goals and if we don't include the game he got hit its 36 goals in 72 games which puts him on pace 41 goals in in 82 games, and taking away the game matters because although he played that game he still had 14 minutes left to play were he could have scored one goal or more but he didn't get the chance because he left after the hit and since he didn’t get to play the full game I’m removing it so it doesn’t count against him since he didn't get the full game to try and score one goal or more. So he was on pace to put to up almost the same amount goals before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so his play afterwards was not impacted by the hit. Also he put 44 goals in 82 games so he put up about the same amount goals he was on pace to put the last season before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so the hit didn't impact his play the next season. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
When I say including the game he got hit I mean the games all the games to when he got hit and including that game and then after the hit when I say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which. Then when i say not including the game he got hit i mean every game up till the game he got hit and we take the whole game away he got hit as if he didn't play it, then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which.

Healthy Scratches
The reason Laine fell off is not because of healthy scratches. He was a healthy scratch because he was under performing. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

The League Figured His Tendencies Out
The reason Laine fell off is not because the league figured his tendencies out. Ovi has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play and Laine has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play as well so if they have similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both why has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't, the answer I came up with is Laine has a skill issue because Laine and Ovi have a similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both but has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Power Play Goals Were Not There
The reason Laine fell off is not because the power play goals were not there. Yes the power play helped him get goal production but you still have to be skilled to get power play goals and if he's not able to get power play goals thats a skill issue. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

No Confidence
The reason Laine fell off is not because Laine had no confidence. Yes he’s been known for to have problems with having no confidence but most of the times when he had no confidence it came from having slumps but he doesn't have slumps all the time so that means he doesn't have no confidence all of the time which means that can't be the reason for his fall off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Not Able To Utilize His Strengths
The reason Laine fell of is not because he is not able to utilize his strengths, he was able utilize his strengths he used his shots and his hands which are his strengths, especially on the power play where he used his one-tee, it's just that his skills were only good enough to produce the numbers that he produced. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Trying to Reinvent Himself
The reason Laine fell off is not because he was trying to re-invent himself as a player. When he was trying to re-invent himself as a player it wasn’t at the time he he fell off so that can be the reason he fell off. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Focused On Being A Complete Player
The reason Laine fell off is not focus on being a complete player. I'm not saying he's not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center right now but when he fell off he was not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center, he was a goal scoring winger.

Weak Work Ethic
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has a weak work ethic. Yes he has been known to have a weak work ethic but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has a weak work ethic that just just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Poor Conditioning
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has poor conditioning. Yes he has poor conditioning but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has poor conditioning thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Attitude Problems
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has attitude problems. Yes he has been know to have attitude problems but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has attitude problems thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Gaining Weight
The reason Laine fell off is not because of gaining weight. Him gaining weight has nothing to do with his skill for example Ovi was 210-220 when he was younger and he was good and Laine is only 204 as of right now and even if he did weigh more before now he didn't weight more than 220. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Fortnite Addiction
The reason Laine fell off is not because of his Fortnite addiction. In this article Winnipeg Jets Paul Maurice Helping Patrik Laine Through Fortnite Trouble it says "Laine took his first day off Fortnite November 18 and since then had 11 goals in 4 games" but that doesn't explain afterwards, if he stop playing Fortnite November 18th and the scored the 11 goals in 4 games then why after the end of November till the end of the season did he only score 9 goals in 58 games, he had just 18 goals in the month of November thats more than half the amount of goals he had the whole season and he only had 30 goals that season. The rest of the goals he scored were 3 of them coming October before he stopped playing Fortnite and then rest of the goals he got after he stopped playing Fortnite were just 3 in just in the month of December, 1 in January, 4 in February, 1 in March, and 0 in April and hasn't been able to get back to that level of play from his first two seasons after the his first two seasons. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Bad Team
The reason Laine fell off is not because he played on a bad team. Yes he has played on a bad team but he has also played on a good team, the good team was the Winnipeg Jets and the bad team was the Columbus Blue Jackets. He fell off when he was on the Winnipeg Jets. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Management Problems
The reason Laine is not because management problems. Yes he did have management problems but he had management problems with the Jets not the Blue Jackets and when he got to traded to Blue Jackets he level of play was still the same.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What happened to Patrik Laine goal scoring after his first two seasons?

He did really good his first two seasons scoring his first season (2016-2017, 18 years of age) 36 goals in 73 games (on pace for 40 goals) then his second season (2017-2018, 19 years of age) 44 goals in 82 games coming in 2nd for most goals in the league then after that he hasn't been able to put up those goal scoring totals since. The next season (2018-2019, 20 years of age) he has a big drop off and only scores 30 goals in 82 games and then never played a full season again but all those seasons he never was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games (2019-2020, 21 years of age) 28 goals in 68 games (lockout season teams playing only 68 to 71 games that depending on which team his played 71) he was on pace for 34 goals in 82 games, (2020-2021, 22 years of age) 12 goals in 46 games (lockout season all teams playing a max of 56 games, He played on game for the jets then was traded to the blue jackets and played the rest of his games there) he was on pace for 21 goals in 82 games, (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games (the closest he would ever get to 40 goals), (2022-2023, 24 years of age) 22 goals in 55 games puts him on pace for 33 goals in 82 games, (2023-2024, 25 years of age) 6 goals in 18 games that puts him on pace for 27 goals in 82 games. The only time he was on pace or got 40 or more goals was 2016-2017 he got 36 goals in 73 games that puts him on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and 2017-2018 he got 44 goals in 82 games, the closest he would ever get to 40 goals again is (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. Just in case anybody brings up the fact he has had injuries and healthy scratches , I know he has had injuries in the past but none of them were career altering or career ending injuries and He was healthy scratched because he was under performing.

Under is the explanation I came up with give me your thoughts on my explanation?

The explanation for his fall off that I came up with is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game. The reasons behind his fall off is not mental health, is not injuries, is not the Jake McCabe hit, is not him being healthy scratched, is not the league figured his tendencies out, is not that the power play goals were not there, is not that he had no confidence, is not that he was not able to utilize his strengths, is not him trying to re-invent his game, is not him trying to focus on being a complete player, is not weak work ethic, is not poor conditioning, is not attitude problems, is not gaining weight, is not his Fortnite addiction, is not management problems, I under is the explanations for how all of these reasons are not the reasons for his fall off.

Mental Health Problems
The reason for Laine falling off is not mental health problems. I'm not saying he didn't have problems before I am saying based on what I found he got mental health problems when his dad died but his dad died November 21st 2021 when he was with the Blue Jackets, he fell off before 2021 and was when with the Jets, and it makes sense that he had mental health problems when his dad died, his mental health problems were depression and anxiety and if your dad just died you would probably have depression and most people with depression also have anxiety In this article https://athlonsports.com/nhl/montreal-canadiens/canadiens-patrik-laine-struggles-linked-father-death it says "According to Gelinas, Laine's mental health issues might be related to the sudden death of his father in 2021, a dramatic event that could have turned into a significant factor behind the player's issues on and off the ice." This statement proves that he most likely got his mental health problems when his dad died. It also says "Gelinas pointed out that following his father's passing, Laine's career trajectory took a downturn." This statement is not true his numbers during 2021 actually got better than they were before his dad died, so this means his dads death did not affect his numbers or at least didn't affect them and a negative way. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Injuries
The reason Laine fell off is not because of injuries. Yes he's had injuries but they were never career ending or career altering injuries, Even if wasn't hurt and always health, and played every game of his career theres not one season he was on pace for 40 or more goals except his first season he was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games and his second season he got 44 goals in 82 games, then he fell off and the closest he ever got to being on pace for 40 or more goals was 2021-2022 he was on pace for 38 goals in 82 games. These are his on pace goal, assist, and point totals, (2016-2017)
40 goals, 31 assist, 72 points, (2017-2018) 44 goals, 26 assist, 70 points, (2018-2019) 30 goals, 20 assist, 50 points, (2019-2020) 34 goals, 42 assist, 76 points, ( In 2020-2021 he played on game with the jets and got 2 goals and 1 assist for 3 point I am not going to include this game) (2020-2021) 20 goals, 21 assist, 38 points, (2021-2022) 38 goals, 44 assist, 82 points, (2022-2023) 33 goals, 45 assist, 78 points, (2023-2024) 27 goals, 14 assist, 41 points. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers. He is an above average player that has a good shot and good hands and can put up 30-40 something goals a season, can put up 30-40 something assist a season, and can produce just under or a point per game.

Jake McCabe Hit
The reason Laine fell off is not the Jake McCabe hit. Before the hit if we include the game he got hit he had 21 goals in 42 games which put him on pace for 41 goals in 82 games and and the rest of the games he played he had 15 goals in 31 games which puts him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games and if we don't include the game he gets hit that gives him 21 goals in 41 games which put him on pace for 42 goals in 82 games and then for the rest of the games he played 15 goals in 31 games which put him on pace for 39 goals in 82 games. The numbers he put up that season 36 goals in 73 games puts him on pace for 40 goals and if we don't include the game he got hit its 36 goals in 72 games which puts him on pace 41 goals in in 82 games, and taking away the game matters because although he played that game he still had 14 minutes left to play were he could have scored one goal or more but he didn't get the chance because he left after the hit and since he didn’t get to play the full game I’m removing it so it doesn’t count against him since he didn't get the full game to try and score one goal or more. So he was on pace to put to up almost the same amount goals before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so his play afterwards was not impacted by the hit. Also he put 44 goals in 82 games so he put up about the same amount goals he was on pace to put the last season before the hit (21 goals 42 games on pace for 41 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 21 goals 41 games on pace for 42 goals in 82 games) , after the hit (15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games thats including the game he got hit, not including the game he got hit 15 goals 31 games on pace for 39 goals in 82 games), and the pace he was on based off the numbers he did put up during the season (36 goals in 73 games on pace for 40 goals in 82 games including the game he got hit and 36 goals 72 games on pace 41 goals in 82 games not including the game he got hit) so the hit didn't impact his play the next season. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.
When I say including the game he got hit I mean the games all the games to when he got hit and including that game and then after the hit when I say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which. Then when i say not including the game he got hit i mean every game up till the game he got hit and we take the whole game away he got hit as if he didn't play it, then after the hit when i say including the game he got I’m just saying it so you know which one is which.

Healthy Scratches
The reason Laine fell off is not because of healthy scratches. He was a healthy scratch because he was under performing. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

The League Figured His Tendencies Out
The reason Laine fell off is not because the league figured his tendencies out. Ovi has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play and Laine has the tendency to score from the left circle on the power play as well so if they have similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both why has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't, the answer I came up with is Laine has a skill issue because Laine and Ovi have a similar tendency and teams have tried to stop them both but has Ovi been able to continue to score but Laine hasn't. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Power Play Goals Were Not There
The reason Laine fell off is not because the power play goals were not there. Yes the power play helped him get goal production but you still have to be skilled to get power play goals and if he's not able to get power play goals thats a skill issue. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

No Confidence
The reason Laine fell off is not because Laine had no confidence. Yes he’s been known for to have problems with having no confidence but most of the times when he had no confidence it came from having slumps but he doesn't have slumps all the time so that means he doesn't have no confidence all of the time which means that can't be the reason for his fall off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Not Able To Utilize His Strengths
The reason Laine fell of is not because he is not able to utilize his strengths, he was able utilize his strengths he used his shots and his hands which are his strengths, especially on the power play where he used his one-tee, it's just that his skills were only good enough to produce the numbers that he produced. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Trying to Reinvent Himself
The reason Laine fell off is not because he was trying to re-invent himself as a player. When he was trying to re-invent himself as a player it wasn’t at the time he he fell off so that can be the reason he fell off. That proves my point that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Focused On Being A Complete Player
The reason Laine fell off is not focus on being a complete player. I'm not saying he's not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center right now but when he fell off he was not trying to focus on being a complete player and start trying to set up players and wanting to be a center, he was a goal scoring winger.

Weak Work Ethic
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has a weak work ethic. Yes he has been known to have a weak work ethic but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has a weak work ethic that just just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Poor Conditioning
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has poor conditioning. Yes he has poor conditioning but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has poor conditioning thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Attitude Problems
The reason Laine fell off is not because he has attitude problems. Yes he has been know to have attitude problems but thats some thing in his control if wants to fix it he can and if he has attitude problems thats just a down side to him thats not the reason for he fell off. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Gaining Weight
The reason Laine fell off is not because of gaining weight. Him gaining weight has nothing to do with his skill for example Ovi was 210-220 when he was younger and he was good and Laine is only 204 as of right now and even if he did weigh more before now he didn't weight more than 220. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Fortnite Addiction
The reason Laine fell off is not because of his Fortnite addiction. In this article Winnipeg Jets Paul Maurice Helping Patrik Laine Through Fortnite Trouble it says "Laine took his first day off Fortnite November 18 and since then had 11 goals in 4 games" but that doesn't explain afterwards, if he stop playing Fortnite November 18th and the scored the 11 goals in 4 games then why after the end of November till the end of the season did he only score 9 goals in 58 games, he had just 18 goals in the month of November thats more than half the amount of goals he had the whole season and he only had 30 goals that season. The rest of the goals he scored were 3 of them coming October before he stopped playing Fortnite and then rest of the goals he got after he stopped playing Fortnite were just 3 in just in the month of December, 1 in January, 4 in February, 1 in March, and 0 in April and hasn't been able to get back to that level of play from his first two seasons after the his first two seasons. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Bad Team
The reason Laine fell off is not because he played on a bad team. Yes he has played on a bad team but he has also played on a good team, the good team was the Winnipeg Jets and the bad team was the Columbus Blue Jackets. He fell off when he was on the Winnipeg Jets. That proves my point that the explanation for his fall off is there is no reason behind him falling off and that the numbers he produced were produced because he was only skilled enough to produce those numbers.

Management Problems
The reason Laine is not because management problems. Yes he did have management problems but he had management problems with the Jets not the Blue Jackets and when he got to traded to Blue Jackets he level of play was still the same.
Laine hasn't fallen off in Columbus, on the contrary, he has improved his game, becoming a player with good defensive, play without the puck. But when you have centers Jenner and Roslovic, your most played defenseman is Andrew Peeke, in the 2022/23 season your top 4 (defensemen played with most often) are Peeke, Gudbranson, Berni and Gavrikov, overage was needed to return to form after injuries/illness, you can hardly have excellent goal/assist stats. Btw, one played his best hockey in that season.

Made partners better, look at stats his best season.

Never had problems with strength, conditions, attitude or weak work ethic. But with self-confidence yes.

To his psychical problems, he had them minimum before 2022/23 season, look at Mathieu Olivier words. Adam Fantilli claimed it, but in his case only from 2023/24 season (his first season in CBJ).

Further, if you look at the stats better you'll see they were very good at 5v5, not having as many goals was a PP problem, that was horrendous in CBJ every season, even with Panarin.

Lumii_20241020_101945690.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad