Player Discussion Patrik Laine

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My sentiment for this is more , yeah, I can see a nice quick extension and him staying a little while

Think he really really likes the vibe here
I wouldn't mind signing Laine til he was 33 or 34 or wtv

Like Monahan, if he says well and can get healthy, I think it will come down to how many years Hughes is offering and how many years Laine is willing to sign for. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Hopefully he can get and stay healthy.

Reactions: cphabs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I was bored so I looked up how Jordan Harris was doing in Columbus and was surprised to see he hasn't played for them yet. Healthy scratched through their first two games. Honestly surprised by that.

I'm not surprised at all. Even when he is a Habs player, I always said that he is a "Useless" D-man.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I was bored so I looked up how Jordan Harris was doing in Columbus and was surprised to see he hasn't played for them yet. Healthy scratched through their first two games. Honestly surprised by that.
Why? He's dime a dozen, no particular skill, average intensity at best,

Reactions: Paddyjack

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He prove that he is great teammate. To be around the group even in injurie. Like Dach last year.

I'm very hype about having him.

I think 2-3 month it's the best news possible for all of us. Can't wait to see him back!

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
What happened to Patrik Laine goal scoring after his first two seasons?

He did really good his first two seasons scoring his first season (2016-2017, 18 years of age) 36 goals in 73 games (on pace for 40 goals) then his second season (2017-2018, 19 years of age) 44 goals in 82 games coming in 2nd for most goals in the league then after that he hasn't been able to put up those goal scoring totals since. The next season (2018-2019, 20 years of age) he has a big drop off and only scores 30 goals in 82 games and then never played a full season again but all those seasons he never was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games (2019-2020, 21 years of age) 28 goals in 68 games (lockout season teams playing only 68 to 71 games that depending on which team his played 71) he was on pace for 34 goals in 82 games, (2020-2021, 22 years of age) 12 goals in 46 games (lockout season all teams playing a max of 56 games, He played on game for the jets then was traded to the blue jackets and played the rest of his games there) he was on pace for 21 goals in 82 games, (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games (the closest he would ever get to 40 goals), (2022-2023, 24 years of age) 22 goals in 55 games puts him on pace for 33 goals in 82 games, (2023-2024, 25 years of age) 6 goals in 18 games that puts him on pace for 27 goals in 82 games.

Just in case anybody brings up the fact he has had injuries and healthy scratches , I know he has had injuries in the past but none of them were career altering or career ending injuries and I don't know the reasons behind the healthy scratches but if you know let me know.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
My sentiment for this is more , yeah, I can see a nice quick extension and him staying a little while

Think he really really likes the vibe here
I wouldn't mind signing Laine til he was 33 or 34 or wtv
I don't even consider an extension until I see Patty play some consistent hockey for an extended period of time. We all want the great story but the Crest always comes first for me. The positive for us is we have lots of time to see how he does here and then make a decision on how to proceed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know the reasons behind the healthy scratches but if you know let me know.
I think it's probably a manifestation of the mental health struggles he went through.
Nothing is harder than trying to perform when you don't really want to be there.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What happened to Patrik Laine goal scoring after his first two seasons?

He did really good his first two seasons scoring his first season (2016-2017, 18 years of age) 36 goals in 73 games (on pace for 40 goals) then his second season (2017-2018, 19 years of age) 44 goals in 82 games coming in 2nd for most goals in the league then after that he hasn't been able to put up those goal scoring totals since. The next season (2018-2019, 20 years of age) he has a big drop off and only scores 30 goals in 82 games and then never played a full season again but all those seasons he never was on pace for 40 goals in 82 games (2019-2020, 21 years of age) 28 goals in 68 games (lockout season teams playing only 68 to 71 games that depending on which team his played 71) he was on pace for 34 goals in 82 games, (2020-2021, 22 years of age) 12 goals in 46 games (lockout season all teams playing a max of 56 games, He played on game for the jets then was traded to the blue jackets and played the rest of his games there) he was on pace for 21 goals in 82 games, (2021-2022, 23 years of age) 26 goals in 56 games that put him on pace for 38 goals in 82 games (the closest he would ever get to 40 goals), (2022-2023, 24 years of age) 22 goals in 55 games puts him on pace for 33 goals in 82 games, (2023-2024, 25 years of age) 6 goals in 18 games that puts him on pace for 27 goals in 82 games.

Just in case anybody brings up the fact he has had injuries and healthy scratches , I know he has had injuries in the past but none of them were career altering or career ending injuries and I don't know the reasons behind the healthy scratches but if you know let me know.
He was only, he scratched. It was after a concussion when he skated badly and probably had a grenade instead of a puck. Apparently he came back too soon. Unfortunately, it was just on the sad anniversary of his father's death.
Patrik played very well when he was healthy, he was our best forward. He always tried hard, cared about the team. There was talk of a trade only in his last season, but that's not surprising, psyche does its own thing.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
I think it's probably a manifestation of the mental health struggles he went through.
Nothing is harder than trying to perform when you don't really want to be there.
its not that because he went to Columbus for a fresh start and still never got back to that level of playing

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
He was only, he scratched. It was after a concussion when he skated badly and probably had a grenade instead of a puck. Apparently he came back too soon. Unfortunately, it was just on the sad anniversary of his father's death.
Patrik played very well when he was healthy, he was our best forward. He always tried hard, cared about the team. There was talk of a trade only in his last season, but that's not surprising, psyche does its own thing.
its not that because he went to Columbus for a fresh start and still never got back to that level of playing

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He played his best hockey in 2022/23 here, btw, look at his stats. More goals in 5v5 than Reinhart, only one less than Mathew Tkachuk although he played only 55 games and they 82/80 games with better centers and defensemen (Patrik played especially with Peeke, Berni, Gudbranson, centers Roslovic, who is a winger more, and Jenner). For example on Rono&Andy cards he had 96. His defense, play without the puck was very good.

I had only one pretension - that he wanted to do too much himself, I mean moving into the offensive zone. He can pass well under pressure, he should have taken advantage of that, like he did in the second half of the 2023/24 season, and not skate alone.

It is not true that he has stagnated in Columbus. I don't know where people get that from.

I'm not counting the 2023/24 season. He played 14 of 18 games after a concussion, and only the last game was he ok.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
He played his best hockey in 2022/23 here, btw, look at his stats. More goals in 5v5 than Reinhart, only one less than Mathew Tkachuk although he played only 55 games and they 82/80 games with better centers and defensemen (Patrik played especially with Peeke, Berni, Gudbranson, centers Roslovic, who is a winger more, and Jenner). For example on Rono&Andy cards he had 96. His defense, play without the puck was very good.

I had only one pretension - that he wanted to do too much himself, I mean moving into the offensive zone. He can pass well under pressure, he should have taken advantage of that, like he did in the second half of the 2023/24 season, and not skate alone.

It is not true that he has stagnated in Columbus. I don't know where people get that from.

I'm not counting the 2023/24 season. He played 14 of 18 games after a concussion, and only the last game was he ok.
your comparing him to lower level goal scorers and his defense did get better but hes not doing any better and he was only on pace for 33 goals

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
your comparing him to lower level goal scorers and his defense did get better but hes not doing any better and he was only on pace for 33 goals
1. PP - our was tragical, no system, only when Boqvist played there it was better but it was only after break for the All-Star game
2. injuries - he needed time to return his shape
3. partners - yes, Johnny Gaudreau was a great player but they do not have chemistry. On the other hand, best was with Chinakhov, K. Johnson, Roslovic and especially Jenner, also look at d-men. Werenski and Bean played only 13/14 games, Boqvist was injured too. His partner's were defensive d-men Peeke, Gudbranson and AHL player Berni. Also played enough time with defensive d-man Gavrikov and another AHL player Bayreuther. So I hope you can imagine the first pass, support forwards and similar. 😏 Or imagine defense:

Engström, Stubble
Xhekaj, Barron
Trudeau, Savard

we had something similar

4. made partners better

Last edited:

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
1. PP - our was tragical, no system, only when Boqvist played there it was better
2. injuries - he needed time to return his shape
3. partners - yes, Johnny Gaudreau was a great player but they do not have chemistry. On the other hand, best was with Chinakhov, K. Johnson, Roslovic and especially Jenner, also look at d-men. Werenski and Bean played only 13/14 games, Boqvist was injured too. His partner's were defensive d-men Peeke, Gudbranson and AHL player Berni. Also played enough time with defensive d-man Gavrikov and another AHL player Bayreuther. So I hope you can imagine the first pass, support forwards and similar. 😏 Or imagine defense:

Engström, Stubble
Xhekaj, Barron
Trudeau, Savard

4. made partners better
okay, i agree the blue jackets were terrible but that still dosen't explain his drop off which happened before he came to the blue jackets and all the other seasons he played and based off your profile pic your a blue jackets fan so if you dont know anything about his time with the jets its understandable.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
okay, i agree the blue jackets were terrible but that still dosen't explain his drop off which happened before he came to the blue jackets and all the other seasons he played and based off your profile pic your a blue jackets fan so if you dont know anything about his time with the jets its fine.

You should also go check out this thread i made called Patrik Laine its in the national hockey league talk discussions
I don't know why he left the Jets. But he came to town early in Columbus before the 2023/24 season, even played in the preseason. He's never asked for a trade before. It all started with a concussion.

He played very well in the 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons. In the 2023/24 season he had gradually improved his play, had 3+1 in the last 5 games, his last game was very good, again he would have had a point per game but again injury. I think it was the broken collarbone that was the deciding factor in his decision to leave.

To his play, he started to pass more than shoot. I do not know why. Chinakhov said it was probably weak self-confidence.

Last edited:

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
I don't know why he left the Jets. But he came to town early in Columbus before the 2023/24 season, even played in the preseason. He's never asked for a trade before. It all started with a concussion.

He played very well in the 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons. In the 2023/24 season he had gradually improved his play, had 3+1 in the last 5 games, his last game was very good, again he would have had a point per game but again injury. I think it was the broken collarbone that was the deciding factor in his decision to leave.

To his play, he started to pass more than shoot. I do not know why. Chinakhov said it was probably weak self-confidence.
he continued to shoot as much as with blue jackets as he had before he came to blue jackets, he probably had weak self-confidence by the time Chinakhov made the comment becuase he hadn't been able to get back to his playing level from 2016-2017 and 2017-2018.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Yhall should also go check out this thread i made called Patrik Laine its in the national hockey league talk discussions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad