Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Tony M is most likely feeling dumb
Yeah, he made that big speech about his sources and reputation.

Dude should start off tonight and say he got it wrong, bet he won’t. Not even wrong but he also said Laine was worse the Patrick, could not be far off.

I guess then lessoned learned wait to hear it directly from the source.

Reactions: sampollock

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah, It's probably a partial tear as well.

Let's hope the young guns can make their place and Laine can come back progressively, maybe use him mostly on the PP when he gets back and see where he ends the year.

Possibly, but lets not Dr. Recchi every Habs injury.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Yep.

Laine: Knee gets savagely bent up after knee on knee at blueline with a 6ft4 220lbs opponent
SPRAIN

Reinbacher: Skating by himself
R.I.P KNEE
Last year Dach's injury did not look that bad at the moment. Key is the ACL and if it tears then surgery and it can happen with awkward twists. Laine's looked worse but on the replay it was mostly a side hit. I thought for sure it was bye bye MCL however there must be more flex laterally compared to anterior-posterior. Better than expected.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, he made that big speech about his sources and reputation.

Dude should start off tonight and say he got it wrong, bet he won’t. Not even wrong but he also said Laine was worse the Patrick, could not be far off.

I guess then lessoned learned wait to hear it directly from the source.

I bet you he doubles down and claims they are going to try playing through the injury even though surgery was recommended.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Amazing news. I was hopeful when I saw him sitting on the bench with his knee bent at practice, indicating that the brace wasn't meant to totally immobilize it. Given how cursed this team has been, I wasn't holding my breath. Must still be tough for a guy that I'm sure was ready to get back at it and prove he's still a top scorer in the league.

Reactions: Redux91

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
No tear at all it’s a sprained knee

Correct. I think any tear would require surgery.? He bent but did break.

A sprain is a partial or minor tear.

They sometimes require surgery to fix (ie heal quicker) but the downsides of such an aggressive move are numerous so often enough you go with the conservative “rehab” and physiotherapy approach and hope it heals fully.

Well all be rooting for Laine to come back at 100%

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Back when ChestBras Bergie used to tell us all kinds of beautiful little lies. Like trades are hard and c'est pas playstation , bad times all around

zRzFTfQ.gif

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I bet you he doubles down and claims they are going to try playing through the injury even though surgery was recommended.
Yeah, the guy sure thinks a lot of himself. I laugh every time he sprays his hair with mist. What a loser!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Last year Dach's injury did not look that bad at the moment. Key is the ACL and if it tears then surgery and it can happen with awkward twists. Laine's looked worse but on the replay it was mostly a side hit. I thought for sure it was bye bye MCL however there must be more flex laterally compared to anterior-posterior. Better than expected.
Laine was a goalie as a kid, he probably does have more flex laterally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad