Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I certainly do and Patrik Laine does too.

He's been off the ice for an extended period and if he was limited to just five - or less - games his year it would be a serious issue.

If he can manage to play 20+ games, the Canadiens would have a real idea of what kind of fit he is for the roster, how he can be used and what they have in him, not to mention, it will give him an opportunity to build chemistry with his teammates so St. Louis can determine how to deploy him and how to best utilize him, not to mention we would get twenty games of him on the power play to see what effect that his.

If he can play over 20 games this season, it's an enormous benefit not just to him, but to the organization as well.

I'm sure he wants to get back ASAP but even if he does and plays 20, it is a major setback for him, and in reality a wasted season. No doubt it would help him and the habs but I stand by my point, its another year shot for PL whether he plays 20 or 5.

20 or 5/6 it is a serious issue.

All speculation, it could be 20 or it could be 0. No sense arguing since we don't know.

Anyway, I'll wait for Habs twitter.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Sad but also funny

1727792820137-png.911307
lmaooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sure, if you want to pretend that Cale Makar isn't part of their core and Seymon Valarmov backstopped the team to glory.

Oh yeah, I won't soon forget that "contender" team that won one more game then they lost that year before getting dumped by the Mighty New York Islanders in Qualifying Round.

So, just to be clear, you think it's a feather in Ovechkin's cap that he had made the playoffs five times by year seven? I guess we're just supposed to pretend that Nick Suzuki wasn't the first line centre on a team that went to the Cup Final in his second year? It took Ovechkin six years to play as many playoff games as Suzuki did it two. You might want to re-think this one.

Nick Suzuki, by year two, had a SCF loss and two PO appearances out of 2. Again, do you want to re-think this one?

Heading into broken record territory here. In Pietrangelo's first seven seasons, he had played a grand total of 28 playoff games. Suzuki played 32 in his first two seasons.

Before winning that Cup, year 7, Kopitar had 6 playoff games on his resume. In six years.

So you want to pretend the rebuild started years before it actually began, and then, simultaneously, you want to complain about how long the rebuilding is taking?
Again, hold onto that Price asterisk as long as you can my man.

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
A team being garbage and accumulating assets is literally what a rebuild is. That it happened through careful planning or sheer incompetence means no difference.
Rebuilds are active decisions. Just sucking and picking high is not a rebuild. You’re arguing with a faulty definition.

• Love
Reactions: Jaynki and Andy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Rebuilds are active decisions. Just sucking and picking high is not a rebuild. You’re arguing with a faulty definition.
I said a million times I don't care about semantics. If you finish 5th worse, you finish 5th worse, no matter how you define your strategy.

The Habs had some of the highest drafting power since 2017, if thats not an accumulation phase I don't know what blue is from red.

I am embarrassed for you. I truly am.
I'll hang that on my wall, thanks.

Reactions: Habby4Life

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
so if he comes back between Jan-March, let’s just treat him like a TDL acquisition

This should fire the guys up to push for a wildcard spot, hoping that a healthy Laine joining late can help big time
6 months from now would be April. That would be a scenario I’d take at the moment. Imagine we’re in the playoffs and get Laine back just in time and can get a few late season games under his belt first too.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Nothing official at this point means it's probably bad guys.......real bad.
Hope not, but...................doesn't look good
If it was really bad, he would have been operated already like Reinbacher. I feel like the delay is because they are exploring opinions / options to not operate and lose the season, which frankly is best case scenario.

Reactions: sampollock and Andy

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
If it was really bad, he would have been operated already like Reinbacher. I feel like the delay is because they are exploring opinions / options to not operate and lose the season, which frankly is best case scenario.
Dr Mulder probably operated on the wrong body part already and amputated his good leg.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
6 months from now would be April. That would be a scenario I’d take at the moment. Imagine we’re in the playoffs and get Laine back just in time and can get a few late season games under his belt first too.

I can only imagine the Habs in the playoffs and then I wake up.

They won’t be in the hunt past December.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 911358

I'm seeing the 'to operate or not to operate' speculation quite a bit, actually.

Maybe frank is choosing his words poorly, but he said 'decision', not 'announcement'. Seravelli seems to think a choice is on the table.

(and maybe he doesn't know dick either idk)
Likely needs the swelling to go down a bit more to make a full judgement. But based on the pictures from practice, I thought he might be able to heal it without surgery. 4-6 months is possible.

Reactions: overlords

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His two year contract is the perfect amount to see what Laine has to offer and if he'd be here longterm with the Habs. Now that one of those years is essentially completely gone, and how he would play 18 games in 2 seasons, it's a lot harder to have an idea of what to expect. Maybe he'd be open to a 1 year contract or something afterwards, but it really made things a lot blurrier about his future as a Hab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad