Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
View attachment 911358

I'm seeing the 'to operate or not to operate' speculation quite a bit, actually.

Maybe frank is choosing his words poorly, but he said 'decision', not 'announcement'. Seravelli seems to think a choice is on the table.

(and maybe he doesn't know dick either idk)
I meant Marcotte didn't now anything because he ends it speculating maybe it's too swollen for a diagnostic, after saying they are looking for a 2nd opinion.

Reactions: overlords

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
His two year contract is the perfect amount to see what Laine has to offer and if he'd be here longterm with the Habs. Now that one of those years is essentially completely gone, and how he would play 18 games in 2 seasons, it's a lot harder to have an idea of what to expect. Maybe he'd be open to a 1 year contract or something afterwards, but it really made things a lot blurrier about his future as a Hab.
We still have next year to determine. If he can’t stay healthy then, well we know why we got him for free and move on.

Reactions: LaP

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The delay in announcing what they will do only means it's not an obvious decision. Usually, when it's really bad, it's news they release quickly. So I'm holding onto hope he is out for a few months, not the entire season. We will see

Reactions: Trabdy2

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just get the news out how long he is gone
Man I'd wish I could take Hughes back in the time machine to take Mich!!!

Had a bad feeling about drafting Redenbacher

The delay in announcing what they will do only means it's not an obvious decision. Usually, when it's really bad, it's news they release quickly. So I'm holding onto hope he is out for a few months, not the entire season. We will see
Probably didn't want to come down with the big injuries together

• Haha
Reactions: Habs4Life

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
SOOOOOO hope you are right.
or
they are finding the best doc to operate .. meaning find a guy that can do a complicated surgery because it is so bad.

According to BPM Sports journalist Anthony Marcotte, this delay would be due to a second medical evaluation. Laine would have requested a second opinion in order to properly evaluate all possible options before making a final decision

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Agreed - if it was a slam dunk surgery an announcement would’ve been made, which tends to validate it may not mean season ending situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad