Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If everything goes to plan, everything.

PP and PK better improve, Monty better stand on his head, and NS eats his wheaties. Not to mention they don't get another long term injury to anyone of the remaining top 4 guys.

It will be a very long year. We will be invested in watching the lottery balls this summer.
76 points last year without Dach, lost 23 games by one goal. Defense is key along with getting the special teams improved.
We have adequate goaltending.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
They have mediocre goaltending and a defense that isn't better than ours. They are grittier though.

I'd argue they are much Gritty'er

1727736990457.png

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Last season they said CC's shoulder was 100 percent too. :laugh:

The fact is that he's coming off shoulder surgery. Even if you play 82 games, it doesn't mean you're 100 percent.
Before last season - Sept 2023 - he said it was 100%.
Did anyone from the team, including CC, say anything to the contrary following that or are you just speculating?

Andy had the same surgery - same Dr - said he came back stronger than before. Repaired shoulder better than the other one.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Before last season - Sept 2023 - he said it was 100%.
Did anyone from the team, including CC, say anything to the contrary following that or are you just speculating?
His shooting percentage was cut in half for most of the year. What do you think happened?
Andy had the same surgery - same Dr - said he came back stronger than before. Repaired shoulder better than the other one.
Right. But it takes time. And that's if everything goes well. It's an obvious risk and it contributed to the fact that we got paid to take him.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
How so? Reinbacher was gone at 5th, and the word is that he would have been gone at 6th had we not taken him. So Philly at 7th did not miss out on him.

it was a smart ass attempt at a joke on my part lol

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He was never ours anyhow. When I looked at the replay today I couldn't help but notice the awkward position that Laine put himself in. If the Leaf player never touches him and he catches an edge he's out with a groin injury. He looked rusty on that play and more like a beer leaguer than an NHL veteran.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Teams don’t have their own surgeons. They have to wait for swelling to go down. Then scan and then get multiple opinions I’d imagine. It takes more than two days for that.
Yep. My wife has been waiting for an MRI since Feb and it’s scheduled for Nov. so I expect we’ll know about Laine’s knee sometime in July :D

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
He was never ours anyhow. When I looked at the replay today I couldn't help but notice the awkward position that Laine put himself in. If the Leaf player never touches him and he catches an edge he's out with a groin injury. He looked rusty on that play and more like a beer leaguer than an NHL veteran.
I wonder why he looked rusty. Any guesses?

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

That timeline seems to leave open a return at the end of the season.

Are we deliberately pulling the Mark Stone ploy?

FSx6I6W.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad