Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

branlumi

Sep 26, 2024
6 months is short for gone for the year.

Lets hope 4, because the thought of watching Roy, Andy, or another scrub on the second line is nauseating.

Got to feel bad for NS knowing every night it is up to him to carry this team on his back. Imagine if he goes down, holy shit, we could be regulated to the AHL.
its time Nick Suzuki steps up and demonstrates he's a legit #1 who can carry the team

Caufield as well - enough with the perimeter play and soft play -

this will only demonstrate what we are made of and if we can hold it together for the next 4-6months (if this is actually correct in terms of the injury)

Laine was a + for sure but an unexpected addition none was thinking of - time for this team to show some damn ballz - enough with the excuses

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Anyone thinking he was coming in as a 40 goal guy was deluding themselves. He's a secondary scorer wrapped in a lotto ticket. He wasn't going to put up more than 25 in all likelyhood.
So Laine is an overhyped loser , but Reinbacher is the next serge Savard ? Gotta admit the double standard hab
Fans have is hilarious

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
its time Nick Suzuki steps up and demonstrates he's a legit #1 who can carry the team

Caufield as well - enough with the perimeter play and soft play -

this will only demonstrate what we are made of and if we can hold it together for the next 4-6months (if this is actually correct in terms of the injury)

Laine was a + for sure but an unexpected addition none was thinking of - time for this team to show some damn ballz - enough with the excuses
NS has already shown he is a #1 C.

Heck the guy has been carrying this team on his back for years.

NS isnt the one that needs to step up, CC does, talk about inconsistent and a perimeter player. So does Dach.

Only guy on this team that has demonstrated he is legit is NS.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Then why weren't more teams interested in him?

He was an 8.7 million player who came out of the assistance program late in the off-season after a couple of injury-prone years. And we know he nixed trades to Philadelphia and Minnesota before accepting Montreal.

I really have no idea what you have against the player but he scored 22 in 55 and 26 in 55 while being a PPG. (No need to get into Winnipeg numbers where he was an automatic 30+ guy). You keep going on about Caufield being a 50 goal guy when he's got 23 in 67, 26 in 46 and 28 in 82. You're not being consistent at all.

Reactions: ManWithNoName

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Marinaro on JiC said it could be season ending or close but why risk him coming back a few weeks before the season ends if they're not making the playoffs.
About Reinbacher he said it's serious but less than Laine.

Reactions: River Meadow

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So Laine is an overhyped loser ,
Loser? No.

He was a smart pickup. Secondary scoring with the possibility of finding his way back down the road. I liked the aquisition but losing him doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things. I had modest expectations of him and so did most analytsts. Last week TSN predicted a 25 goal year for him and that's about where I had him.
but Reinbacher is the next serge Savard ? Gotta admit the double standard hab
Fans have is hilarious
RB is a promising youngster. Some will pan out and some won't. I didn't even think he'd start the season with us.

I have no idea what you're talking about in terms of double standards.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Marinaro on JiC said it could be season ending or close but why risk him coming back a few weeks before the season ends if they're not making the playoffs.

Because Laine has to get games in for his own sake and for the reps. The guy has to play games no matter what the instant he can.

Reactions: MarkJ

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

I guess next year will be make it or break it for Laine, considering that will be a contract year for him

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He was an 8.7 million player who came out of the assistance program late in the off-season after a couple of injury-prone years. And we know he nixed trades to Philadelphia and Minnesota before accepting Montreal.

I really have no idea what you have against the player but he scored 22 in 55 and 26 in 55 while being a PPG. (No need to get into Winnipeg numbers where he was an automatic 30+ guy). You keep going on about Caufield being a 50 goal guy when he's got 23 in 67, 26 in 46 and 28 in 82. You're not being consistent at all.
8.7 for a forty goal guy is well worth getting.

The reality is that nobody believed he was a 40 goal scorer this year. That's why there was no interest in him. 8.7 mil for secondary scoring is not how you win anything. We did it because we had the cap space, needed some scoring and got paid to take him. The upside was there but nobody expected him to do much this year.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Not to mention trying to tell everyone Newhook and Roy are second line guys.

Shit, Laine is better than both of those guys by a mile. Some fans just love the tank, just year after year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not to mention trying to tell everyone Newhook and Roy are second line guys.

Shit, Laine is better than both of those guys by a mile. Some fans just love the tank, just year after year.
Laine is better than those guys. And 8 million dollars more expensive.

Again, fine to take him for what we 'paid'... but there's no way he was going to be a 40 goal guy this year.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As long as it's not Torn ACL for both,
We can manage imo

Dach torn ACL was in October last year and he was almost ready to play in April he said so,

This could be way better than the ultimate disasters we've been emotionally prepping for

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

The reality is that nobody believed he was a 40 goal scorer this year. That's why there was no interest in him. 8.7 mil for secondary scoring is not how you win anything. We did it because we had the cap space, needed some scoring and got paid to take him. The upside was there but nobody expected him to do much this year.

Read my post again. Laine only became available in late July (dog days of summer) and Philadelphia and Minnesota still tried to get him. He turned them down.

Maybe he would have only gotten 25 goals but that means he'd have had the worst year of his career while being happy, motivated and healthy. Seems unlikely.

Reactions: dinodebino

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

He expected that.

Healthy, I'd have expected the same... A knee in knee cheap shot doesn't validate the conservative or pessimistic projections. Sh*t happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad