Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
And I guess part of this mystical plan includes Suzuki signing a team friendly contract after he spent the majority of his 8 best hockey years on a lottery team.

One more big reduction. One more bad addition. Maybe you should focus on your math. There are 6 years left to Suzuki's contract. Quite enough to overcome the lack of depth and be competitive way before his contract is up.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Condescending? You mean like creating the ridiculous labels like forever tankers?

Yeah, maybe you should go look in the mirror.

Turning to mischaracterization in lieu of debate isn't a great look either.

You pretended I saw no point where we actually reached a treshhold, pretending I'm waiting on Caufield and Suzuki to reach another level. Another lame strawman.

I respond to you by showing the talent that is still missing.. so all you can resort to now is trying to mischaracterize me.

It's lame.
Hey man, I'm just here trying to say I'm sick of my favorite hockey team sucking for like 10 years (save for a miraculous cup run). Then people like you come in with the "well ACTUALLY this is a GOOD thing, if you can't see that you just don't understand!!!!!"

Most teams that win do so with a mix of drafting and good acquisitions. We have drafted a lot of talented players, it's time for them to take another step forward and for us to shore up the rest of the team with moves that aren't going to pay off 3-5 years from now.

By the way, the team added an extremely talented 26 year old player who was unfortunately injured, and didn't have to draft him.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hey man, I'm just here trying to say I'm sick of my favorite hockey team sucking for like 10 years (save for a miraculous cup run). Then people like you come in with the "well ACTUALLY this is a GOOD thing, if you can't see that you just don't understand!!!!!"

Most teams that win do so with a mix of drafting and good acquisitions. We have drafted a lot of talented players, it's time for them to take another step forward and for us to shore up the rest of the team with moves that aren't going to pay off 3-5 years from now.

By the way, the team added an extremely talented 26 year old player who was unfortunately injured, and didn't have to draft him.

I never said it was a good thing. I stopped reading there because I'm tired of reading endless strawmen.

Can you even argue without making a single strawman?

Maybe you should go to the main board and look at my comments in the Atlantic predictions thread, because you're completely lost as to what my point of view is. If you don't want me to be condescending to you, maybe stop the ugly habit of attributing thoughs or words I've never had or said.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I never said it was a good thing. I stopped reading there because I'm tired of reading endless strawmen.

Maybe you should go to the main board and look at my comments in the Atlantic predictions thread, because you're completely lost as to what my point of view is. If you don't want me to be condescending to you, maybe stop the ugly habit of attributing thoughs or words I've never had or said.
Oh my god, I can't even with you. I'm cringing so bad at this point I think I'd rather just go back to work.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

I think your point is fine but it comes with a LOT of baggage. You have to acknowledge there ARE Forever Tankers and they seem hesitant or terrified even of competing, taking risks, applying pressure, raising expectations, etc. it’s like always with training wheels on for them.

Another tank year this year? Very likely to be the case if Laine is out long term. We have to make our peace with it.

We will be about 20m under the cap: it’s very tough to make the playoffs with such a talent deficit and we aren’t yet in a position to go big game hunting to restock the roster — the opportunity cost is too high still. Laine was a perfect acquisition. We’ll see how it plays out without him…

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It’s funny how this is constantly ignored in this raging tanking debate.

But I digress

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
so with that way of thinking
should Habs trade Guhle as he is injured lots or was that a bad signing.
not being critical, just dont see the prone idea
Guhle is 100% looking like he might be injury prone and that contract could look bad.

The appendix, or whatever it was doesn't count, but Guhle has gotten hurt and missed more than a few games each year so far, so that should be concerning, or at least starting to be concerning for everyone.

There are big boys out there who just can't catch a break and get hurt. Some of the bigger boys who get hurt quite often often were bigger than most the whole time growing up, so they didn't always need to "keep their head up" and now when there are a lot of players equal to, or bigger than them in size they start getting hurt

That's possibly the main advantage a smaller player might have over a bigger player in that they're use to keeping their head on a swivel and being able to read players and their intentions to finish a hit and how to avoid it.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
hmm thats a good sign he's on crutches and hasn't went under the knife yet. Must be getting lots of opinions. Thank god he isn't just a regulat 9-5 worker, they would have cut his leg off for precaution in a few weeks, when there was a dr available.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think your point is fine but it comes with a LOT of baggage. You have to acknowledge there ARE Forever Tankers and they seem hesitant or terrified even of competing, taking risks, applying pressure, raising expectations, etc. it’s like always with training wheels on for them.

I'd call those forever tankers if we passed year 4 or 5. We're 3 years in.

Another tank year this year? Very likely to be the case if Laine is out long term. We have to make our peace with it.

We will be about 20m under the cap: it’s very tough to make the playoffs with such a talent deficit and we aren’t yet in a position to go big game hunting to restock the roster — the opportunity cost is too high still. Laine was a perfect acquisition. We’ll see how it plays out without him…

That's my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad