Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Laine injury may work out for best. If Dach doesn't get injured we don't draft Demidov. For sure they won't lock up Laine now. Maybe teach Hughes a lesson he needed to learn? Kapanen gets chance to play on NA ice also. In long run a good thing.
I think I prefer the universe where Laine is healthy, but yes good point about the big picture silver linings. For example, Kapanen isn't Laine, but he has a way better development path with an open spot. It might not be a net positive to outweigh laine's injury, but it does reduce the hurt a tiny bit. and with his caphit suddenly opened up, KH can weaponize it further especially if the Habs will ease back on the 'in the mix' hopes.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Laine injury may work out for best. If Dach doesn't get injured we don't draft Demidov. For sure they won't lock up Laine now. Maybe teach Hughes a lesson he needed to learn? Kapanen gets chance to play on NA ice also. In long run a good thing.
What lesson is that? Never take a chance on getting a possible 45 goal scorer for nothing? (mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
And the tweets su

You sure about that? Amirov is the the leafs 1st rounder who died of brain cancer recently. There are idiots everywhere.

The Leafs fan in this case is just as stupid. All fanbases have idiots like these. Playing victim mentality when there's Leafs fans cheering on the injury to Laine proves my point.

Some humans are scum. Acting like it's one group vs another is wild. There's scum in every group of people.

What lesson is that? Never take a chance on getting a possible 45 goal scorer for nothing? Bob Gainey would be a big fan of you.
Yeah I don't get it. I'd have taken a 2nd for Harris anyway lol

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's a tough situation for the guy to be in...

For all the welcoming and excitement the team had with his arrival, there was really no time to form close ties with any of the Habs players.

Going to be a pretty isolating feeling to rehab this without local close ties. I wonder if the Habs do the opposite of what they did with Dach and give Laine a good chunk of time/space to get his rehab going wherever he wants rather than expecting him to be in Montreal primarily.

Reactions: weslox

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I appreciate the optimism and maybe Laine was never destined to be a longterm relationship, but lot of the excitement I had for this season evaporated when he went down. Who knows... maybe the injury's not as bad as it looked. Maybe the other rookies and young guys will improve enough to make the team interesting. But right now it's a major letdown. The season feels like going to a Broadway show expecting to see Morgan Freeman and finding out a no-name understudy is replacing him.

Yes, I just compared Patrik Laine to Morgan Freeman. It's Monday.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's such a bummer. Everyone was super excited about him being on the pp and scoring some goals for us. Hopefully he can recover quickly. And Reinbacher too.

Yeah, you can clearly see Laine practicing hard and committed to having a good season and this happens. I feel for the Habs but I feel most for Laine. Crossing my fingers it's only a month but it looks much longer than that.

Imagine, if Laine is out for the year, that's 19.2M of dead cap. Very curious to see how Hughes uses that space.

Zegras trade rummers are about to pick up again lol

Reactions: Big Lurk

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I literally dreamt this night that he was fine and scored 2 goals in the first period of next game. Then I woke up and looked up HF and the truth sank in, again. Why is my mind so cruel with me?

Reactions: Dagistitsyn

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
What a weird post. Some of us enjoy the hockey on tv or in person more than imagined future potential of a theoretical team.

What lesson? Dared to add a young potential top goal scorer on a short contract to a shit team with tons of cap space? Everyone was excited around here. I live 3 street corners away from Bell Center and doubt very much I’ll be going to see them now they are back to a one, below average top line with horrible special teams.

Reactions: Dagistitsyn

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It has to be tough for younger Hab fans who can only read about past greatness. Every time there is a glimmer of hope it gets dashed. I am grateful that I was able to grow up watching the 70's Habs and all of the glory.

The 21st century has been a nightmare.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It has to be tough for younger Hab fans who can only read about past greatness. Every time there is a glimmer of hope it gets dashed. I am grateful that I was able to grow up watching the 70's Habs and all of the glory.

The 21st century has been a nightmare.
Mid 2000’s were fun. My ex had even named one of our birds Kovy. Goals and dangles, so many kids from the farm and a crazy PP. Shit man already going on 20 years ago last time watching was any fun.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Friedman on 32 thoughts podcast says as of now Habs have no idea yet the extent of the damage to either player.
Habs said Saturday after the game they we wouldn't have any news until Monday. That clearly included internally, they need to wait for the swelling to reduce and the docs just told the players to come back for a checkup on Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad