Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Tbh we probably won't see him play for the Habs if it's the same injury as dach. He's not a gym rat and already struggles on the mental aspect. The league really needs punishments for these sort of things. Like strip the leafs of a first round pick and guaranteed trash like pare doesn't hit the ice next year.
Leafs don't get penalized. They have the most PP and least PKs every year. they are still worthless losers and this only the beginning of Berube player assassination tactics. Goon gonna goon!

wouldn't you agree, with modern medicine it's unlikely it's career ending. Has he injured that knee before
not career ending but most likely season ending

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
My level of interest for this season went from 10 to 1, just brutal. We’re cursed.

This is a potential career ending injury, can’t even imagine how he feels right now.

Same. I was extremely pumped, made my gf watch a pre season game and all. For the 5 minutes that lasted. I don't even feel like doing fantasy drafts now, the excitement just died.

The only part he had not previously injured, knees. Did he complete a bingo?

I just hope he can deal with this cruel and unnecessary setback and come back. A huge test to his therapist

wouldn't you agree, with modern medicine it's unlikely it's career ending. Has he injured that knee before

No, he has injured everything else but knees

Reactions: 26Mats

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Brothers in solidarity
In the 2022/23 season we played a team at the end of the season that couldn't even play pre-season games, so many players were injured. Last season Laine, Severson, K. Johnson, Jenner, Fantilli, Chinakhov, Boqvist, if only those who were injured longer. Laine, Fantilli, K. Johnson and Chinakhov did not finish the season.

Jul 6, 2016
Let’s wait for the official medical evaluation before panicking. But with Habs « luck », he’s gonna be out for a long, long time. Back to square one again ????

Reactions: HabsQC and A55P2

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I’m sick…..like everyone else, I’m so tired of seeing our stars going down early and missing the entire season….it never stops….why even play preseason games? Just work hard in practice with no contact allowed?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It sure seems like a long-term injury...but we never know, I think best case scenario is still 4-6 weeks
This one sucks even more cause it happen to an injury-prone player but it was just a cheap shot.

Let's hope for the best but be ready for the worst.

Reactions: _habsfan9

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I am really pissed. Really.

Laine was the best forward we traded for since Kovalev and now hes out.

For us its probably another top5 pick. But for him, it might be the end of his career. He was so happy and motivated to play for us and restart his career.

Completely heart broken for the guy.

End of his career??? huh

Reactions: HankyZetts

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
It's very much possible that Laine is out for a few months and returns at some point this season, and that I think would be enough to give the players a jump knowing we have a weapon coming later on.

I feel like I've seen knees swing like that before and players were out for a few months and returned

🤞 Let's wait to see what medical report is first

Reactions: HankyZetts

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not medical expert but looking at that still shot it seems like every ligament in his knee is under stress from that contact.

Not trying to be an alarmist but I'd be surprised if this wasn't total knee reconstruction.

Hope I'm wrong.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Let’s wait for the official medical evaluation before panicking. But with Habs « luck », he’s gonna be out for a long, long time. Back to square one again ????

I normally don't predict the extent of injuries but his knee was bending the wrong direction according to all my biology classes. It looks.. season ending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad