Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
92 makes me vomit a bit

It's weird and will take getting used to after watching him as 29 for so long.

Nice game from Laine, they need repetition and learning their timings together and the results will follow. They created a lot of offense, just couldn't bury it this time. My favorite was that sneaky PP pass from point to Dach on the left post, where Laine was going to the right, and just shot a pass behind him to wide open Dach.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Love how he rushes the puck. There’s rust but there’s shit tons of potential.
What I liked most was how the crowd supported Laine. Every time he touched the puck there was excitement in the building. It was obvious that Laine was feeding off that support. It reminded me of the first game that Kovalev played for the Canadiens in Montreal in 2003-2004. You could almost read what every fan was thinking then: Is this guy really playing for us?

I wish Laine well.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
We'll have to see how things go if he has a bad patch of games, but if he can hit the ground running and make a good first impression so to speak, I think he'll be one of the players that fans can't help but love and they'll always back home. An anti-drouin, if you will.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
What I liked most was how the crowd supported Laine. Every time he touched the puck there was excitement in the building. It was obvious that Laine was feeding off that support. It reminded me of the first game that Kovalev played for the Canadiens in Montreal in 2003-2004. You could almost read what every fan was thinking then: Is this guy really playing for us?

I wish Laine well.
Such great comment, I do remember the times Kovalev played in habs jersey, he had such drive and you can kind of see the -esque in Laine

nippanappa

Nov 26, 2018
Have to write here because today's episode sucked all the positivity out of me running into this season. Some of the injuries he's had are probably due to this play style and bad decisions within a game but he just doesn't seem to catch a break.

He may not be the perfect player but heck he was the only player that have made me stay up mid-night here in Finland to watch a hockey game.

Here's hoping to a new rise, even though it looks rough. Get better soon Patrik!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
7ma0ais3wmrd1.jpeg

f***ing devastating. f*** off.

Reactions: NewDef and Rozz

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Jesus christ... I'm playing a set at a gig, get off stage to see how the games going and see this... well that f***ing blows... poor guy can't catch a break like for f*** sake.. talk about horrible luck

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
If I'm MSL I'm bringing up my goons for every game against the Leafs and going for their top players.. There is no reason to play career AHLers even in a pre-season game when they come into the game trying to be borderline dirty to showcase themselves.

The team should sue that player that injured Laine.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Was excited to see him play this year. Even when he comes back next year, it will be a season of him trying to get back in the swing of things. Whatever man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad