Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I want to steal his look for Halloween and I can't find them please help :slaugh:

1000008590.jpg

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Thanks for this!

I enjoyed David's break down and it will be interesting to see how it fits. Can Marty get him (Laine) to see things differently or does he try to give him the best tools possible to help him succeed?

I could see him gel-ling with Suzuki the best and maybe throw Slaf on the other wing to create some space and win some loose pucks. That would leave Cole, Dach and Newhook (?) on the second line.
Dach good passer Laine with his shot should be good line. Newhook be third member. His job to lose as of now.

I didn't want to break up our first line.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I want to steal his look for Halloween and I can't find them please help :slaugh:

View attachment 906645
That outfit is probably a few thousand dollars total.

He dresses like drug dealers do, but in brand name stuff that ripped off from the no name stuff people who love marijuana a little much wear.
Gallagher is thrilled somebody has a worse receding hairline than him now.
Hey, I'm not on the team and don't bully me like that again.

Whomever that guy is that does the tours has a voice for voice acting.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

View attachment 906645

Correct material for the pants

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I was already fed up I have to buy $250 neon green nikes and you tell me these are limited edition that cost 3k o lord ☠️ any other options?

Is 1 meter of fabric enough for the pants? $18 what a deal I'm feelin like bargainbin at the thrift store.

Light pink hat should be easy to find.

Hoodie and Habs jerseys already secured 🤝

Sorry for going ot :slaugh:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That outfit is probably a few thousand dollars total.

He dresses like drug dealers do, but in brand name stuff that ripped off from the no name stuff people who love marijuana a little much wear.

Hey, I'm not on the team and don't bully me like that again.

Whomever that guy is that does the tours has a voice for voice acting.

What in the world are you saying?

Reactions: Mudz

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I was already fed up I have to buy $250 neon green nikes and you tell me these are limited edition that cost 3k o lord ☠️ any other options?

Is 1 meter of fabric enough for the pants? $18 what a deal I'm feelin like bargainbin at the thrift store.

Light pink hat should be easy to find.

Hoodie and Habs jerseys already secured 🤝

Sorry for going ot :slaugh:
Dude it's Halloween, use green spray paint.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Dach good passer Laine with his shot should be good line. Newhook be third member. His job to lose as of now.

I didn't want to break up our first line.
I initially thought so too. Sure, I've seen Laine play a bunch, but the more I read about his playing style, it seems clear to many that he does not just go to the quiet areas and shoot, he wants to carry to puck and dictate the play.

The quoted video also has a similar take, so playing Laine with Dach who is also fairly puck-dominant, likely won't work unless Marty can get Laine to see things differently.

Personally, I feel if Laine plays with Suzuki, they can feed off each other, as Suzuki also likes to slow the play down at times and is more of a shooting treat, compared to Dach.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I initially thought so too. Sure, I've seen Laine play a bunch, but the more I read about his playing style, it seems clear to many that he does not just go to the quiet areas and shoot, he wants to carry to puck and dictate the play.

The quoted video also has a similar take, so playing Laine with Dach who is also fairly puck-dominant, likely won't work unless Marty can get Laine to see things differently.

Personally, I feel if Laine plays with Suzuki, they can feed off each other, as Suzuki also likes to slow the play down at times and is more of a shooting treat, compared to Dach.
Regardless of who Laine is going to play with, he's going to have to deal with not having the puck all the time. Even with Suzuki.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think they try a few things but the 1st thing they try is probably two PP units.

* Hutson and Matheson on separate units
* Dach and Suzuki on separate units
* Laine and Caufield on separate units

Guys like Newhook, Roy can gets some PP time and not be on a island by themselves on the 2nd unit.
A second unit with Hutson and Dach alone could be good. Then you add Newhook and Roy and a player who is good in front of the net (Dvo or Armia) and that's a good unit too.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Suzuki the superior center but I don't want to break our first line up. Slaf just breaking out, don't want to switch things around yet. I've learned before.

Roy may end up there, or in top 6 though. As I think about it he played his best hockey with Bedard. He might be a star with Suzuki.

Reactions: cphabs

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What in the world are you saying?
Watch Pineapple Express, look at James Franco's character (the one he plays, not hos character where he thinks it's ok to message minors) and you'll see he has similar clothes, but the Giant Tiger, not the stuff that costs a few hundred, or however ridiculously expensive it is.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A second unit with Hutson and Dach alone could be good. Then you add Newhook and Roy and a player who is good in front of the net (Dvo or Armia) and that's a good unit too.
As long as the second unit doesn't get 15 seconds of PP time.

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad