Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

104487721_original.jpg

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Man i have him 1st in 2016 above Matthews.
Why did you peak at 19 bro?
Anyway, now ain't the time to give up! Better late than never!
We're coming at you Matthews!!!

I remember that draft very well. I also thought Laine would have been the better player between he and Matthews.

I'm very excited about this move, satisfies my need for frugal deals :laugh:

I have high expectations for what Laine will bring to the Habs. I want to say 40G and 80P next season. :whaaa?: Don't anyone worry, I am prepared for the inevitable disapointed :speechles but I carry this hope until it just doesn't make sense anymore. I want a Zach Hyman season out of Laine! :facepalm::eyeroll:

Reactions: behemolari

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The key to Laine is Dach being healthy. A passer like Dach needs a shooter like Laine, and vice-versa. Alternatively, you play Caufield with Dach with the same great complimentary. Suzuki can play with anybody.
Laine had 1 PPG and 0,94 PPG with Jenner and Roslovic as centers. Played especially with Peeke, Gudbranson and Berni in defense in 2022/23 season. He was better without playmakers Gaudreau and Voráček, on the other side has great chemistry with Jenner, Chinakhov and Nyquist. He can play with anybody too.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Laine had 1 PPG and 0,94 PPG with Jenner and Roslovic as centers. Played especially with Peeke, Gudbranson and Berni in defense in 2022/23 season. He was better without playmakers Gaudreau and Voráček, on the other side has great chemistry with Jenner, Chinakhov and Nyquist. He can play with anybody too.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
My favorite aspect of this deal is it raises expectations for this season for basically zero risk. Either Laine rediscovers himself and we just got a stud for nothing or we let him walk in 2 years.

I couldn’t handle another tank year, hopefully we push for a playoff spot, I’m sick of losing and the core is in place.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With the addition of Laine how close to being legitimately able to compete for a playoff spot?
1 player? 2?

I think we are legitimately able to compete for a playoff spot this season now.. it would depend on factors like Dach staying healthy and leveling up, Newhook staying healthy and leveling up, Caufield shooting percentage regressing to his mean, and someone like Hutson or Reinbacher developing into a legit top 4 defenseman for this season.. and obviously Laine finding his form somewhat and Slaf developing further.

I still don't think we make it this year, not quite ready to dethrone a Boston or a Tampa Bay.. but another year of attrition through aging and players for those teams, the addition of Demidov, more experience and levelling up of our young players, we should be firmly in the playoffs next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think we are legitimately able to compete for a playoff spot this season now.. it would depend on factors like Dach staying healthy and leveling up, Newhook staying healthy and leveling up, Caufield shooting percentage regressing to his mean, and someone like Hutson or Reinbacher developing into a legit top 4 defenseman for this season.. and obviously Laine finding his form somewhat and Slaf developing further.

I still don't think we make it this year, not quite ready to dethrone a Boston or a Tampa Bay.. but another year of attrition through aging and players for those teams, the addition of Demidov, more experience and levelling up of our young players, we should be firmly in the playoffs next year.
I am somewhat perplexed at how little respect they are receiving league wide. I think this team if they stay healthy will be vastly improved.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am somewhat perplexed at how little respect they are receiving league wide. I think this team if they stay healthy will be vastly improved.

I think the easy explanation for that is - a lot of people don't watch a bottom 5 team like we do and it's very rare for a team to be bottom 5 3 years in a row and go into the playoffs.

So it's natural to want to see something actually produce results before you put the prediction around that.

Like I said, I think we are competitive with a playoff spot now, still don't think we make enough of an improvement to leap enough teams.. but it's still realistic vs hopeful prior to the acquisition and a 2nd line without a 3rd piece that had a track record of production.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

And with Askarov becoming the goalie he’s supposed to be next year ;)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With the addition of Laine how close to being legitimately able to compete for a playoff spot?
1 player? 2?

Didn't we lose like around 30 games last year by 1 goal?...I think over half our games was decided by just 1goal.

Adding Laine's fire power, you got to believe some of those 1goal loses would be wins.

I think Habs will be right there this year , playoffs would not surprise me.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone else watching Laine highlights ? Guy is so skilled. He has that Suzuki powerful stride. Such a talented player, it's crazy. We just have to hope Slaf, Laine and Dach stay healthy. Didn't the team have an absurd amount of 1 goal games ? We those three healthy and developing, it could make all the difference. I watched a lot of eastern conference hockey and those last playoff teams were so damn bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad