Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
fqzsa30rc5i01.jpg

Catching Crosby would require a generational March

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
If you do that for total points instead of just goals, Laine is nowhere near top 10. Cherrypicking only goals to make Laine show up on the lists? Why not secondary assists then, Laine wouldn't even be in top 100 in that category I guess.

Reactions: naruto and Lahey

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
We have a winner here.

Lets shut down this website, so we dont have to talk about hockey anymore.

Nothing personal. NHL (and various other agencies) apparently values such kind age statistics high enough to actually track and publish them. It's not my fault he is there on the list, but nobody can twist that fact as it would be somehow bad display of Laine the hockey player.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
If you do that for total points instead of just goals, Laine is nowhere near top 10. Cherrypicking only goals to make Laine show up on the lists? Why not secondary assists then, Laine wouldn't even be in top 100 in that category I guess.
Well, the 80's had drastically higher scoring too.

Reactions: ursus maritimus

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
If you do that for total points, then by the time Laine turns 20 he'll be at around #15-17 on all time list. I'm sure you'll find a way to twist that into meaninglessness too.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Nothing personal. NHL (and various other agencies) apparently values such kind age statistics high enough to actually track and publish them. It's not my fault he is there on the list, but nobody can twist that fact as it would be somehow bad display of Laine the hockey player.
I am actually a big fan of Patrick.

I dont like statistics that are biased though.

We are dealing with lock outs, European players who rather play one more year at home, NHL teams that are very cautious with their top prospects, age/draft year... etc etc.

It is how it is, I just think its useless.

See above

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'll hit you with a similar stat. If Marner hits 60 points this year, only one of this year's top 25 scorers (Crosby) can say he had two 60+ point seasons before turning 21 as Mitch would have done.

It's neither here nor there and doesn't mean he's better than all those guys. More of a fun fact.

That's quite the odd distinction to make, as due to birthday you're already restricting that group of 25 players to guys who played in their draft +1 season or were born after May.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I fail to see how such kind all-time list of really happened things can be biased anyway. Most career goals as a teenager, it says.

Laine was really 30+ goals guy upon his arrival in age of 18, and that's exactly why he has been able to climb so high on that list.

If someone cherrypicked anything here at all, it was Winnipeg Jets for picking this cherry, and not being too cautious with him there after exactly because he was ready to NHL.

Show me the bias, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2