Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Matheson, Monahan, Dach, Newhook, Laine all acquired by trade in three off seasons.

MB was out of his element
Not really when you think about it. When you look like a homeless person, you look for the same attributes. smh

klR0Lu5t_400x400.jpg

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Injury prone with character issues. I highly doubt he's in long term plans. Laine has lengthy injury history. Then substance abuse. Bad defensively with huge contract.

I think he starts great but gone by 2nd deadline at lastest. A trade generally rejuvenates but long term Old habits die hard.

I think Habs get good 40 goal season out of him, flip him for a first. In 5 years looking back, Habs got a 2nd and 1st for Harris.
Easy there, have you ever heard of the legal term "Libel"?

"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation."

I am usually a player first guy so I'll admit bias but I look at the head coaches Laine has dealt with and I see his best years with the best coach (Paul Maurice) and his worst with John Tortorella and Pascal Vincent who tried to turn him into a centre. Sorry if I am not worried what Vincent has to say about him. Or if he fought with Torts.

Maurice took responsibility for Laine saying he wanted out of Winnipeg due to the bad locker room.

Actually it was Laine who went to the coaching staff and volunteered. Due to the team being short of centres.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
After this trade proves to be more than a depth move. Your surprise will be me showing up at your front door carrying this lol

View attachment 902013
Now I just have to figure out what type of wine goes with crow lol ;)
I'm having Pis en Lit with mine.
But like I mentioned earlier I was so far off I'm eating this.
1724186656763.jpeg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Interesting that two different reporters asked about what Pascal Vincent said about Laine before the trade assuming they asked him when doing their research, and Hughes refused to answer either of them, just saying that they did their homework and he didn't want to get into it.

Maybe Vincent didn't say good things?
I think it's safe to say some stuff went down that never saw the light of day and Hughes will ensure it never does on our side.

High pick, 45 goals, size, mental issues they mentioned
Vanek though not the best skater was very good like an older Jaromir Jagr became at cutting down the ice surface.
I'm hoping Roy will emulate those guys it will help compensate for his lack of foot speed.

Jul 6, 2016
Nothing to lose with this trade. There was no more place for Harris. Habs needed another real top-six. Laine is still young and has a real offensive talent. Money is no concern. I just hope Laine will be mentally and physically fixed, and that he won’t create any stir in the room.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Matheson, Monahan, Dach, Newhook, Laine all acquired by trade in three off seasons.

MB was out of his element

I would also like to point out that Monahan and Laine (and the Karlsson wheeling and dealing last year) all happened in August during the offseason. I hope fans remember that the next time HuGo aren't active in July.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad