Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Man, if only we had Price now with this core. He truly never had this type of offense in front of him.

But Carey Price fans said we couldn't rebuild because Carey Price so...

druski-meme-druski-hands-up-meme.jpg

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
i'm sorry i dont agree . I think MSL will put him in a position to succeed and those numbers ^ are realistic . Better Coach , way better environment for laine to play hockey , i think he can do it .
I had my doubts a few weeks ago about The pressure he would have to play for the Habs , but i think St-Louis will make it work .
Yeah,
If MSL could get 20g 30a out of a 19 yr old Skafkovsky..
I can only imagine what he can get out of a 26 yr old Patrik Laine.. I mean .. lol

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

As we let the team leave for no return and had 10 mil in open cap space. What an absolute gong show.

Imagine if Hugo had come in back in 2013. Young Max, Subban, Gallagher l, Price, 3rd overall pick, Markov coming back, Jagr wanting to come here… we’d have won at least one cup. No doubt in my mind. The difference between having a plan and not having one.

• Wow
Reactions: Andy

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
As we let the team leave and had 10 mil in open cap space. What an absolute gong show.

Imagine if Hugo had come in back in 2013. Young Max, Subban, Gallagher l, Price, 3rd overall pick, Markov coming back, Jagr wanting to come here… we’d have won at least one cup. No doubt in my mind. The difference between having a plan and not having one.

And most importantly.. no chance in hell HuGo would've hired that chain smoking POS as head coach.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I saw Laine's news conference and he just didn't seem present. I think it needs to be kept simple for him and just let him do what he is good at, play his game. Just shoot. I think if he does that and scores here and there he will be just fine.

MSL is taking on myth status but the guy has an approach. As I understand it he tells a new player to just play his game. I guess this way MSL gets the player to show the best of himself. And then he can work with him to play the team game.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If MSL whispers just right in his ear and he performs, next year when Demidov comes in, it will help keep Newhook and Roy as 3rd liners where they belong (on a strong team I see them as middle 6 players)
Future is looking bright.

Reactions: Redux91

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I am at the lake poor service
So happy I kept asking for Laine

Not to be a knob
But how many said KH would not trade for him

I was right for once
I kept saying that mentally he might not fit and he should come cheap.

I also said he would be traded before the season started despite so many saying Laine would start the season on CJB roster only a few days ago.

Now to hoping that he gets his mojo back.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Wouldn't rebuild, not couldn't. The only reason Montreal's rebuilding now is because Bergevin built the worst roster in the NHL with the highest payroll in the NHL, to the point that most people realized there wasn't really another choice.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
With Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky and now Laine penciled in the top six, Demidov and Hage on the horizon, 3 first and 4 second round picks over the next two years and the possibility of Hughes securing additional elite offensive talent, both Newhook and Roy are long shots to be top six forwards on this emerging team. That doesn't mean both can't be important contributors on the team, just not in the top six. If they are, we have grossly over-estimated the potential of the talent assembled and that about to arrive.
I actually think we may end up with this in the next 2-3 seasons (If Laine hits)

Forward Lines
1A (in the top 3rd of 1st lines in NHL)
2A (in the top 3rd of 2nd lines in NHL)
2C (in the bottom third of 2nd lines in the NHL but for a 3rd line)
3B (in the middle 3rd of 3rd lines in the NHL but for a 4th line)

Defence
have no idea how they will turn out but if I had to guess
1B (middle 3rd - 1st pairing in the NHL)
2A (top 3rd 2nd pairing in the NHL)
2C (bottom 3rd pairing but for a 3rd pair in NHL

Goalies
Middle Pack for both

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
It's funny that even a number as obscure and random as 29 is retired in Montreal.

Picking numbers here is like throwing darts blindfolded at a grid of 100

If he wants to keep his number, it would take more than a watch, at least a grandfather clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad