Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It wasn't so much that he was wrong EP. It was more how cocky he was in his opinion, while throwing out the fact that it was confirmed by team officials. If he would have used the info, (I still doubt he has access to much) yet stated it as his opinion. He probably wouldn't get the flak that he's getting from us, right now.

Now he just looks like a puppet. Repeating whatever information management wanted him to spew out. Also he stated this a few days ago. Marchessault has been out of the picture for awhile.

I'll agree though, calling him a clown may be too much.

I just don't think he looks anything but realistic, honest and rational. This approach will lead you to being correct far more than the hyperbolic mob of rumour mongers but they will be right every now and again and you just have to grin and bear it. I think he was justified in ridiculing the fake rumours and internet charlatans but there is a risk to doing this as even the most egregious fool can get lucky in the world of sports. I am sure he will be a good sport about it as I just didn't read anything other than the annoyance that I feel from unknowledgeable people who lie and exaggerate without the evidence to support their assertions. Of course Laine was always an option but only if he survived the vetting process and given his past that was far from a guarantee.

Engels is the best Habs beat writer by a land slide and to tar and feather him as some are choosing to do is sad imo, but is also typical of a large portion of our sad society.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
3 1sts
4 2nds
4 3rds
4 4ths

In the next 2 drafts.. on top of a prospect pool so deep that Riley Kidney is ranked 25th. Not even accounting for the graduated young talent on the roster that just added Laine.

All of this with the best assets to sell being Chiarot, Toffoli, Cap Space, and Lehkonen.
crazy

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
3 1sts
4 2nds
4 3rds
4 4ths

In the next 2 drafts.. on top of a prospect pool so deep that Riley Kidney is ranked 25th. Not even accounting for the graduated young talent on the roster that just added Laine.

All of this with the best assets to sell being Chiarot, Toffoli, Cap Space, and Lehkonen.
Plus the assets we probably gonna get at the TDL

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Pure gold on La Poche Bleue, a random said Harris had more value than Reinbacher.

Just needed to say it.
The ‘choice’ wasn’t between Harris and Reinbacher but between Harris and Struble. While I think Harris has been underrated here, I think Struble has a much higher ceiling. I for one think Hughes did well in making that choice.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
The ‘choice’ wasn’t between Harris and Reinbacher but between Harris and Struble. While I think Harris has been underrated here, I think Struble has a much higher ceiling. I for one think Hughes did well in making that choice.
I had the same thought. This is still a relatively soft team, and Struble brings a deterrent that Harris does not possess, while also having many of the same mobility attribute that he has.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
3 1sts
4 2nds
4 3rds
4 4ths

What can we say man, Trades are hard.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I had the same thought. This is still a relatively soft team, and Struble brings a deterrent that Harris does not possess, while also having many of the same mobility attribute that he has.
Getting a grittier bottom 6 is the last step of the rebuild. Getting the high end was more important.

Plus we have Luke Tuch and Florian Xhekaj that can bring toughness in the bottom 6 in the next couple years

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Really happy to see Dach get a scoring winger. I think Laine-Dach-Newhook has a ton of potential to be really good. Speed, size, talent and scoring. And really young as well.

Again, happy for Dach. This should be fun to watch.
I would prefer seeing Roy instead of Newhook

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
3 1sts
4 2nds
4 3rds
4 4ths

And a U25 nhl group that's top 10 (top 5?)

All of this and we aren't even at the 3 year mark of the re-build.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
3 1sts
4 2nds
4 3rds
4 4ths

We have so much ammo and so much cap space starting next year, without even needing to pay a premium to get rid of Gally's and Anderson's contract.

We're going to be in an insanely good position to add a high end player next offseason. And Kent might actually pull it off.

Can't remember the last time this was an actual possibility and not just a pipedream.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We have so much ammo and so much cap space starting next year, without even needing to pay a premium to get rid of Gally's and Anderson's contract.

We're going to be in an insanely good position to add a high end player next offseason. And Kent might actually pull it off.

Can't remember the last time this was an actual possibility and not just a pipedream.

No more believing there is more to McCarron and Poehling than what's on tape.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Mixed feelings about this. If he is finally matured after all of these years, this experiment could surprise us. Here in Finland he was big junior star before NHL draft, entitled, every coaches nightmare. And last year there was some comment from Jets(?) ex- management employee that he wanted only play power plays in Winnipeg? Coming to Montreal is ultimate test for him. Hopefully everything goes right for him and Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad