Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
I was at BMR buying some plumbing pieces shit.... when i suddenly i had a vision in alley #7. The crowd in Montreal is gonna revitalize and bring back the passion in Laine which in turn will bring back the 35+goals ppg guy in him.

You have heard it here first !!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This management's approach on how to deal with the players on a human perspective has been refreshing. I really like this for the players. I wish all of my management at work was like that :laugh:
It is the one thing that permeates through this organization and will eventually allow us to sign just about anyone.
This management has their player's backs even when they are on the block.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Nobody makes his teammates worse like Anderson…he’s truly elite at that. I’d have any other guy there including half our AHL roster.
me too the Anderson on the second line posts suck all the joy I felt signing Laine out of me. puke.

Newhook, Roy, Armia until Demidov gets here at least.

Reactions: StCaufield

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Laine can stay healthy (which is the key with him right now) and he's even half interested in playing he should be able to score at least 25 in his sleep with that lethal shot of his.

He even said during his media availability today that his shoulder (which he had surgery on last season) feels great and he can still absolutely rip the puck so yay for us. :)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Live look at PLD

531suo.jpg

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I just got back from a drive to the grocery store and I wanted to hear some reaction so I searched "Laine" in Youtube and autoplayed..

Well the second clip is one from 'Overdrive', the Leafs radio show on TSN... And Frank Corrado is on there and he's being realistic because he does Habs games. He knows Laine's slotting into the second line, knows we're in a transition year, that the pressure won't be as insane as it normally would be, etc. Basically he's saying the same things we are.

The other stooge, some rando Leafs guy, first thing he says "If I'm a Habs fan I'm having real second thoughts about this." He has some valid points about injuries and stuff but then it devolves into "why would you bring this guy in to mentor your young guys? This reminds me of when Shanahan moved out Kessel because the Leafs were a young team, now the Habs are bringing a guy like that IN? I don't know about that".

Nevermind that Kessel won three cups after he left and the Leafs haven't done shit all (he neglected to mention this) or that we also get a 2nd round pick out of it. One thing you see in the media is guys that actually follow what's happening with a team or stooges that just watch TSN highlights but feel free to chime in.
lmao that guy sounded like skip Bayless vs LeBron. Didn't know he's a leafs fan, he's coping hard.

Was impressed with Corrado tho and how dialed in he was with the Habs. I was nodding my head the whole time

Reactions: Saundies

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
don't pick on @OldCraig71 like this he doesn't remember what he posts.
Looks as if I caught another stray. Oh well, welcome to Montreal Mr. Laine. I didn’t think he would be here but he is and now we root for him. I didn’t even learn about the trade till an hour ago when one of my best buddies here in Newfoundland texted me. f*** you @Habs. Love ya.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah. Hopefully it works out but my expectations are low. To me this is a depth move with some upside. I’m not expecting much but would love to be surprised. For what we paid it’s worth the risk.
After this trade proves to be more than a depth move. Your surprise will be me showing up at your front door carrying this lol

1724116081135.png

Now I just have to figure out what type of wine goes with crow lol ;)

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
He is the best hockey reporter/journalist in North America next to Friedman and Mackenzie imo although Mackenzie is more of a part time guy at this point. Calling Engels a clown is akin to orange man attacks on credible sources.
In this case, he put his neck out on the line. Stating that due to his team sources, Montreal had minimal to zero interest in Laine. He deserves to get a verbal smack from us.

Reactions: Runner77 and the

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I'm not so sure after the last 40 games. I think in the right context he can be useful. In a line of 6'3''+ guys, might just be one of these exceptions.
Agreed

Armia is extremely skilled and has always had enormous potential but his internal struggles are as epic as his talent and that has severely hampered his production/effectiveness. There is no doubt that his experience with a sports psychologist unlocked some of that immense talent and for people to claim that he is nothing more than a 4th liner it is only evidence that they don't remotely understand who Joel Armia is and always has been. He was not only scoring at a 25 goal pace after returning from his demotion but he was absolutely dominant defensively and a monster forechecker/possession beast.

I think he can continue to be a great player for his dollar figure as long as he can stay in the moment on not dwell on negative events in the game. I would absolutely try and resign him at a similar dollar figure if he plays next season the way he played his final 40 games.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I didn’t think Hughes was going to do it. But for Harris, why not. Not a fan of his contract at all but it is only two years if it doesn’t work out.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Laine
Newhook-Dach-Caufield
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Gallagher-Evans-Armia
Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron