Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Are we about to enter a new era of firewagon hockey? I hope so! No 40 goal scorer in 30 years, no 100 point player since 1986 and no PPG player since Kovalev's 84 points. An iconic franchise to go through such a offensive dry spell needs to end!

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm really interested in the potential of having two lines that can consistently be a threat offensively, especially when Demidov comes over. Im not looking to break up the current Suzuki line but Laine-Suzuki-Slafkovsky is an interesting trio to think about when Dach and Caufield have shown chemistry together. The size of that trio would be alot for teams to handle, and having CC-Dach-Demidov right behind them is a formidable top six.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A few days gone by, still sitting here in disbelief, I think Laine makes the habs a WC contender this year. I think our top 6 is above average and our PP will be top 10 next year. I just love this trade.
going from one of the worst PP to a top 1op 10 is a bit of a stretch even if I know that Laine will help a lot

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Like a great philosophe once said:

Expect the unexpected
Aaaand like the great Philosoraptor once said :
expectations-memes-philosoraptor-unexpected-4164080640

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Are we about to enter a new era of firewagon hockey? I hope so! No 40 goal scorer in 30 years, no 100 point player since 1986 and no PPG player since Kovalev's 84 points. An iconic franchise to go through such a offensive dry spell needs to end!
At least you and I remember the days when the Habs had top scorers almost every year. Plenty of people on this board have never seen a single player wearing the "CH" who accomplished that. I don't see any future superstars on our team, but if we're lucky we may have a few players putting up 70 to 90 points.

Suzuki could become a regular PPG player and I still believe Caufield has 40+ goals in him. Slafkovsky and Demidov are mysteries who may get 90-points someday. Ironic that the biggest wildcard is the guy with the most NHL experience, Laine, who could score anywhere from 25 to 40 goals.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At least you and I remember the days when the Habs had top scorers almost every year. Plenty of people on this board have never seen a single player wearing the "CH" who accomplished that. I don't see any future superstars on our team, but if we're lucky we may have a few players putting up 70 to 90 points.

Suzuki could become a regular PPG player and I still believe Caufield has 40+ goals in him. Slafkovsky and Demidov are mysteries who may get 90-points someday. Ironic that the biggest wildcard is the guy with the most NHL experience, Laine, who could score anywhere from 25 to 40 goals.
I am holding out hope that Slaf and Demidov one day will be considered superstars.

Jul 6, 2016
If Armia is on the 2nd line that mean the top 6 still sucks
Armia has showned good things last season (finally !!!). He will play for a new contract… for habs or any other teams. He would compliment pretty well the two other big guys Laine and Dach or Caufield-Dach.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
IMHO, another real bonus to this trade is that we kept Struble!

I really liked Harris and wish him all the best with the CBJ, but I was very impressed with Struble & his skill set last year!

Even if it's Struble, this trade would like a homerun to me haha!!

But I agree, I think Struble can be more physical in his next season, I like his style more than Harris. (Like the person, but he is very average D, good transition and skating, that's it).

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Even if it's Struble, this trade would like a homerun to me haha!!

But I agree, I think Struble can be more physical in his next season, I like his style more than Harris. (Like the person, but he is very average D, good transition and skating, that's it).
Struble is the kind of guy that will study the game and shore up his defence to at least acceptable levels. He has the athletic ability and competitive spirit to become a solid bottom pairing guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad