Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Could you f***ing imagine the reaction had that been Lucas Condotta and Auston Matthews? Think about that for a minute and ask yourself that question honestly. Would it still have been a "clean hockey play."? Would Leafs fans be "whiners" in that scenario?
Ignoring my thoughts on Matthews, comparing Laine to him is a laughable take.

And if Matthews got hurt trying to duck a hit, I'd say the same thing

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
Why do Habs fans keep bringing up this comparison?

Laine sucks ass compared to those two and I’m not even remotely a fan of Marner.

To be fair, what else are they going to say? The whole deliberate knee narrative has collapsed. At this point they’re saying anything that’ll stick.

Who is Petey Holland? He played in the ECHL with Pare?

Peter Holland drafted 15th by Anaheim Ducks overall in 2009. Played last year with Pare in the AHL (Colorado Eagles).

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Who is Petey Holland? He played in the ECHL with Pare?

First round pick, 266GP in the NHL, now is in the AHL which is where they played together.

Just for reference, that is 171 more games than Xhekaj and they both played in the same league during part of the year last year.

Just pointing that out for when he is inevitably called a scrub.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To be fair, what else are they going to say? The whole deliberate knee narrative has collapsed. At this point they’re saying anything that’ll stick.

Peter Holland drafted 15th by Anaheim Ducks overall in 2009. Played last year with Pare in the AHL (Colorado Eagles).
Thanks. Never heard of the guy. AHL player. That’s why.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Why do Habs fans keep bringing up this comparison?

Laine sucks ass compared to those two and I’m not even remotely a fan of Marner.

It's not about the individual player comparison. Laine obviously isn't on that level. It's more about the situation. A young talented goalscorer on a team that hasn't had much to be excited about for a long time. A guy viewed as one of our top weapons.

The question was more, if one of our talentless AHL lifers severly injured one of the Leafs top players under a similar circumstance..would there have been an uproar?

I thought my original post was pretty clear, but I suppose I'm giving too much credit to the average young poster on this board. I've been around long enough. I should have known better. I too was once a teenager with trolling tendencies as well I suppose.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Since this has become a fan bashing and trolling thread. We are done.

IMG_4336.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad