Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Football is the most popular sport in the world. LOL.

Even in Southern Ontario/GTA, the two fastest growing sports are football (ie. soccer) and basketball.

Why? It’s cheaper and it’s purely based on skill. There’s no unwritten rule BS in either sport. You come, you play…

Hockey and baseball meanwhile still thinking like the Soviet Union still exists. Crying about bat flips and “answering the bell”.

PS: Ain’t called Saakar either.
A somewhat well written argument riddled with inaccuracy

Both Soccer and Basketball are growing in the GTA but they are NOT the two fastest growing sport.

Soccer have a looooooooooooooooooooooong list of what you call BS unwritten rule. I am not about to make an exhaustive list but there dozens of the like:
-If you score a goal against a former team where you played for a while, you never celebrate.
-If you score against your own country (dual citizenship) you also never celebrate
-If you score a goal, you need to go further away from the goal to celebrate
-If your team have a lead late in game the referee will have a hard time let you waist time, aka game management.
-If you commit a foul in the first 10 minutes, you rarely gonna receive a card for it.
-The referee literally decide when the game over
-A lot of people will say that kissing your team logo is a D move, especially if you are new to the team.
-A lot of people will say its perfectly honorable to do so.
-As a goalie, you never say a god damn thing about another goalie performance.
-If a guy having a great game, or its his last one with a club, you have to bring him out before the end so he can get his ovation
-Post game you are expected to accept another player sweaty jersey and smile about it.
-Don't f***ing celebrate the 8ish goal in qualification against Thailand, USA!
-If you get fouled, you need to rollover at the very least 3 time more than the physic would have dictated, you also need to put your hand in your face regardless where you get injured.

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Live look at Laine's family waiting for an update on his condition.

Goats-101-909711926.jpg

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Settle down there. We don’t want you to get so upset you start pulling our hair
Ha! Not upset. Feel bad for Laine but like a lot of hab fans I wasn't particularly high on the deal. Reminded me of the Drouin deal. And knew we were getting an injury prone player. So it wasnt all that surprising either.
Habs aren't making play offs with or without Laine.

Jan 21, 2018
Unserious question, and you're not looking for a rational response.

But just in case, I think it's because those two scenarios are completely different.
Yes I agree they are completely different situations.

Toronto lost their captain and #2c during the playoffs.

Montreal lost someone they acquired as a cap dump. And it was during the preseason.

Seems strange that Montreal fans are upset at Toronto.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
I wasn’t sure which was right,

I found 3-4 sites that listed most popular sports in the World

1) Soccer (football) 3.5 billion fans
2) cricket 2.5 billion fans
3) hockey 2 billion fans (includes ice and field)
In the GTA it's cricket and pickleball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad