Confirmed with Link: Patrick Kane signs one year extension (4M base, up to 6.5M with bonuses)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
So we basically gave up Walman a 2nd and Gibson (a solid prospect) to give Kane a raise? We paid more for 'future considerations' than Washington paid for Chychrun! Ummm wtf?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Why ?

He is our Top3 forward.

And the deal is kind of risk-free.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Augustine <> Askarov would match better to Nashville goalie timelines, after they did extend Saros.

Do explain.
I have never wanted him back. This money and this roster spot could and should be used better.
Our team record was better without him in the lineup.

And Yzerman deals those ntc like candies. Every fa he sings gets ntc.
This has been beaten to death already. He basically makes us shorthanded whenever he is on the ice.
His offense does not make up for his defence.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The guy does attract haters but come on. Better without him ?

I guess those 10 GWG didn't impress you lol. This is a lottery team without him.
Before he joined the team the posters on this board were discussing whether we can get 3rd spot in our division. Our record without him was well above. 500, with him under .500.
He was completely no show vs good teams.

This discussion stops here. This is a bad deal. Come February the whole board will be saying it.
He'll start off hot, cool down after 20 games and completely disappear after 40.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This discussion stops here. This is a bad deal. Come February the whole board will be saying it.
He'll start off hot, cool down after 20 games and completely disappear after 40.

Blah.

He will be better, because there's the full training camp to build chemistries, and not jump in behind everyone like it was at last season.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Blah.

He will be better, because there's the full training camp to build chemistries, and not jump in behind everyone like it was at last season.
My father is stronger than yours.

Are you 7?

You all love the deal. Fine. I say it's a bad deal. You can tell me in February I was wrong. We will see. I am pretty confident in my evaluation.
I don't see what you try to achieve. I won't discuss more. It's a bad deal and I am sure towards the end of the season you will have to acknowledge I am right.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
"the Wings were better off before they got Kane" is a synonym for "I actually believe that the Wings were the best offensive team in the Conference and second best in the league after Vancouver and it's just a coincidence that they gradually dropped to almost being outside the top 10 by the end of the year even though they added a near point per game player for nothing"

no, the new car you bought in the afternoon didn't piss off the sun god and doom the world to eternal darkness, the sun just set because it became nighttime

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, the team record was worse with Kane, which was not anyhow connected to Kane.

It's very short-sighted to see it that way, Kane as the problem.

There was goalie-problems, Larkin problems and Compher problems. Then Walman did something etc. Team changed the style of play etc. etc.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018

Kane is one of the most consistent scorers I have ever seen so ya I'll bet against that.

Wings could use another good forward or two though. Right now they don't have enough up front.

Reactions: Ori and Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad