Crosby: 1.27 ppg
Malkin: 1.19 ppg
Ovechkin: 1.10ppg
Kane: 1.03 ppg
Stamkos: 1.02 ppg
Getzlaf: .99 ppg
Backstrom:: .98 ppg

----------
Not sure it qualify of a talent you see only in average once in a generation, even if we take generation of nhler relatively short, say 94-95 t 2004-2005 to 2012-2013, around 10 season between lock out length, he does seem a clear #4 of is own generation offensive talent.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
no - he never.
I have no problem putting Kane as one of the top players of this generation, even ahead of Malkin at #3 (until he's eclipsed by McDavid) but he never changed the way the game is played.

The only players I think have really affected the way the game is played nowadays are
Bergeron - two-way centre, advanced stats - now everyone tries to become him or find a player like him
Gaudreau - smaller player that can go into traffic without fear of getting killed or slashed.
Bishop - just stand there
Ovechkin - sniper just wanders around on his off-wing to kill it on the power play.

lol none of these players changed the way the game is played

not Crosby, not Ovechkin

the game just generally progressed into a skill league

Glenn Hall probably

Reactions: b in vancouver

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
One more stone thrown into the arena for why Patty is generational.

Mullet-Hairstyle-for-Curly-Hair.jpg

No other player this generation has a mullet like that.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I mean Chicago and Pitts are the closest thing to a dynasty as we've seen in the cap era. L.A. is close behind.

We probably have to lower "dynasty" standards considering the cap, and the amount of teams in the league.

Some fans already have obviously, but the HOF keeps the records and good luck getting them to lower the dynasty standards.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
no - he never.
I have no problem putting Kane as one of the top players of this generation, even ahead of Malkin at #3 (until he's eclipsed by McDavid) but he never changed the way the game is played.

The only players I think have really affected the way the game is played nowadays are
Bergeron - two-way centre, advanced stats - now everyone tries to become him or find a player like him
Gaudreau - smaller player that can go into traffic without fear of getting killed or slashed.
Bishop - just stand there
Ovechkin - sniper just wanders around on his off-wing to kill it on the power play.

you realize kane came before gaudreau right??

Reactions: b in vancouver

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
its not an either or...ovy, sid and kane will go down as generational
I don't think so. There will be few people who consider Kane a generational player.

No shame in that though. Joe Sakic and Steve Yzerman weren't generational either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad