Pastrnak or Laine?

Pastrnak or Laine? (Given Laine's eventual next contract)

• Total voters

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
If they're both making the same amount of money, I would choose Laine, even as a Bruins fan. However, with Laine's eventual next contract coming and Pasta's current team friendly contract, who would you take going forward?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Pastrnak is better right now. maybe that changes going forward, but I guess we'll have to see. he's also on a fantastic contract

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Pastrnak is pretty amazing, better than Laine right now, and that's a really good contract he's on as well. In the end, I homer pick Laine going forward, even if he ends up having an AAV 2m+ higher... Those future Rockets are already looking nice and polished right now. ;)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Laine is a generational goal scorer, Pasta is an elite winger. Imo there's a pretty sizable difference between the two.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Both really good right now and I couldn’t tell you who is currently better. Moving forward hard not to take Laine.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pastrnak is dynamic but you can build a whole team around Laine’s shot.

Wish I knew what the contract was, though. Those EDM contracts and the kinda numbers they reward in arbitration could make his negotiations interesting. I’d rather pay Pasta his 6 than Laine 9.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is tough. Laine is far and away the better goal scorer but I feel like Pasta is the more well rounded player. In the playoffs you could tell Laine just didn’t have the time or that dynamic ability to get open enough to use his lethal shot. Pasta is so dynamic that he can create space for himself and others.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pasta checks all the boxes offensively. He's a great skater, super creative with the puck, has slick hands, a great shot, good vision, and hustles to top it all off. That being said, Laine's shot is basically a trump card, and he has a good overall game as well.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes