CFHF Fantasy League Part XX: Count-down to Season 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Last year | This year
Stamkos | Stamkos
Backstrom | Backstrom
Dubinsky | Dubinsky
Scheifele | Scheifele
Filppula | Markov
Little | Lindholm
Ryan | Yandle
Bernier | Dubnyk
Anderson | Allen

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I'll be kind of busy in the next little while starting next week. Got wedding coming up then hopping to Italy for honeymoon.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Rome for a week, then Florence and Venice a few days each.

Any of you peeps ever gone and have tips, that'd be welcomed too :) Though I suppose I could ask in the OT :P
I visited each of those cities on my Europe trip. :)

Bear in mind that out of the three cities, Rome is easily the biggest and has the most to see. You could very easily spend a week in Rome because there's so much stuff. I would actually recommend spending more time there because there's nothing worse than trying to cram everything into a really small window of time (trust me, that's what we tried to do, and it killed us). That being said, Rome is also likely to be the busiest and most touristy, so prepare for that.

But it's a fantastic city. The Coliseum, Victor Emmanuel Monument, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Vatican. Seriously, give yourself time to enjoy everything in Rome. (The Trevi Fountain is under construction currently so keep that in mind).

Venice is lovely, though admittedly there's not much tourist stuff to do there. St. Mark's Basilica is the most popular attraction in Venice, unless of course you plan to ride in a gondola, which I highly recommend. Beyond that, don't be afraid to get lost in the streets of Venice. There's unique little shops around every turn, and everything is really well sign-posted so in the event you do get lost, it's not hard to get back to the St. Mark's Square. Take lots of pictures in Venice.

Florence was my favorite city in Italy. There's so much exploring that can be done in Florence. I would definitely suggest checking out the Duomo and climbing to the top. It's about 460 steps to the top but the view is more than worth it. Near the bottom of the Duomo is the San Giovanni Baptistry, which features the Gates of Paradise. If you find Piazza della Signoria, you can check out a copy of the Statue of David (or you can find the real deal at Galleria dell' Accademia, which also has lots of other Michelangelo creations.

In conclusion, Italy is awesome. Aside from the sites, eat pasta and pizza, treat yourself to gelato, drink wine, and just have a great time. There's so much to do, and the cuisine is heavenly. I'm sure you and the wife will have a great time. :)

(Mods, feel free to move this to OT if need be.)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I want to say a really inappropriate joke, but it is taking all my strength to refrain and I will. I'll take the higher ground and just say that I wish Stoll luck in NYR.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Welp, 100TG should be happy. Jarrett Stoll's value just went from -50 to something over 0.
Not sure if New York is the right place for him in his personal life, but he should slot in as their #3 centre which could be good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad