CFHF Fantasy League Part XX: Count-down to Season 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't view Suter as a superstar in fantasy hockey. He's not elite at any one particular category. He's not a lock to break 35 points, he's not a big hitter, he does block shots, but not enough to warrant being considered elite in that category either.

I'd say Suter is a superstar in actual hockey, but I'd classify him as a very good player in fantasy hockey, personally.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
173 out of defencemen, or 173 out of overall players?

Offseason top 200 fantasy hockey rankings is the first Yahoo ranking I stumbled upon. He's placed #163, which is still a little low low IMO or rather I think he's tied with a lot of similar blueliners. He's also the 28th-ranked defenceman on that list which is still a top-30, #1 defenceman in the NHL (and our league, since we deploy 6 defenders per team.)

Well, there's 20 teams in our league, so he isn't really a #1 defenceman in our league. ;)

I was pretty strict about superstar status. For defence, it was generally guys who could put up gaudy numbers from the back-end. And also, I might have made some accidental omissions. I'll throw Suter in for you, though. And Carlson for Ferkland.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think:

wW7rYPE.png

Awesome job on the previews guys!

Terrors operate in Dubai though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ponies are in! Schedule will probably be set out tomorrow. YMCMBYOLO can start working on inputting the rosters soon. Don't know when.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Nice preview, i'd argue that Crawford us one of the better goalies in the league. Especially fantasy wise.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Schedule is up! Similar to last year, I have a pretty favourable schedule in the first part, with some really tough matchups looming at the end of the season.

With 21 weeks and our divisional set-up, I created a schedule that has each team playing each other team once, and then playing two out of the other four divisional teams a second time. If you look at your schedule, there should be only two teams repeated, and those teams should be from your division. If that isn't the case, please let me know ASAP. I made some errors last year, and it's possible I did again this year.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Schedule is up! Similar to last year, I have a pretty favourable schedule in the first part, with some really tough matchups looming at the end of the season.

With 21 weeks and our divisional set-up, I created a schedule that has each team playing each other team once, and then playing two out of the other four divisional teams a second time. If you look at your schedule, there should be only two teams repeated, and those teams should be from your division. If that isn't the case, please let me know ASAP. I made some errors last year, and it's possible I did again this year.

Rigged

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hey, I didn't do this intentionally, so it's pretty funny, but the two expansion teams are playing each other first week! :handclap:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The Scorch

scorch.png

Last year's results: Did not exist.

Biggest additions during the off-season: E. Staal, Brassard.

Offensive superstars: None

Defensive superstars: None

Elite goaltenders: None

Dark horse players: Maatta, Kreider

X factor: On the outset, there’s really no other way to slice it. This roster looks like the odds-on favourite to win the Auston Matthews sweepstakes. With no real stars, let alone superstars, at any position, the Scorch would need some kind of divine intervention in order to finish outside of the bottom five this year. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing for the expansion outfit that got shafted in the lottery.

Most influential NHL team: :rangers
Kreider, Brassard and Klein should be bright spots on the Scorch this season, all playing in New York with the Rangers.
I would consider Mrazek a darkhorse as well, I think he is on the verge of becoming the starter for the Wings which could mean alot of wins and some decent numbers.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I will start inputting rosters this Friday when I come back, right now I'm away from home.

What's everyone's predictions for the division standings?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
In other news I expect Slackberry to relocate because the Horseheads brand is becoming HUGE around the GTHA, NYC, and the GGH

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
1. Intangibles
2. Flaming Horseheads
3. Wheeling Dusters
4. SmokeScreen
5. Army of the 12 Monkeys

1. Crosby's Chiclets
2. Off the Post AINEC
3. The Terrors