Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
tenor.gif

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Why do twitter videos always look like they are filmed with a potato? Either way, love the way Parker plays and hopefully he is able to find a role on this team for the upcoming season.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Peter Parker Kelly. Comes in like Spiderman
upload_2021-5-13_17-21-1.png

Ya gotta love stories like his. Hope gets more than a cup of coffee, maybe even a chance to play with Riddler Greig.
upload_2021-5-13_17-21-19.png

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
One has been in the league for a number of yrs & the other one just played his first game, so yea, Kelly has a long way to go. But Kelly hustles all over the ice like C. Brown & will get his pts through hard work, steals & maybe on the PK which he seems destined to play.

Yeah but Connor Brown was a prolific offensive player in junior. He led his team in scoring (including a D-1 year Connor McDavid) in Erie. And he led it by a lot. He was also a big scorer the moment he turned pro in the AHL. Kelly doesn't have that pedigree. I'm a big fan of Parker Kelly but the OP is correct, he's not ever going to be as good as Connor Brown.

No shame in that, plenty of players have long careers as 4th liners.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah but Connor Brown was a prolific offensive player in junior. He led his team in scoring (including a D-1 year Connor McDavid) in Erie. And he led it by a lot. He was also a big scorer the moment he turned pro in the AHL. Kelly doesn't have that pedigree. I'm a big fan of Parker Kelly but the OP is correct, he's not ever going to be as good as Connor Brown.

No shame in that, plenty of players have long careers as 4th liners.
I don't think I said he would be as good offensively, I was talking about his hustle & non-stop motor the two of them seem to share & good defensive play. C. Brown was & is clearly a superior offensive player, he's also older but I agree I don't see the offensive output from Kelly.

Kelly IMO will be challenged by Crookshank who I think is better offensively who plays a similar game & maybe Greig depending on where they see Greig play at centre or LW. Abramov one could argue was also a better offensive player, but this coach likes the hustle, hitting & work ethic of this guy. It's not always the better offensive players that make it depending on what the team needs or coach thinks they need, I think we have seen it with a few guys including Filatov who a lot of people thought was a 1st line talent.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Next yr they should bring up a guy like Kelly everytime they play the Leafs & Habs, we have a few of them. A different guy every game that will just piss them off every shift & just as they get used to one guy they bring in another just as annoying or moreso. Kelly, Greig, Crookshank & maybe Formenton or Kastelic could all be like that, hopefully we draft a couple more like that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Had a really nice first game. And Parker plays the way this team is being built...all hustle and tenacity.

But yeah, he isn't a full timer...yet.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Maybe he’ll get a few years with us and then carve an NHL career out with a few different teams.

Maybe not.

No harm in seeing what he’s got next year if he can crack the roster.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe he’ll get a few years with us and then carve an NHL career out with a few different teams.

Maybe not.

No harm in seeing what he’s got next year if he can crack the roster.

Nice move supporting a guy known to work hard - work hard and you’ll get a chance.

Erkdajerk

Sep 11, 2010

Anyone know whats going on with his hair and the patches?

It's been speculated that he has alopecia. The patchy random nature of the bald spots certainly match the pathology. He looks ridiculously healthy otherwise. We all know people who have gone bald by their early twenties....sucks for them but no big deal. Just embrace the "pesky" look and keep it shaved close.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
My Facebook feed says Kelly has been given a two year extension. When I clicked on the link to see the terms it redirected me to the Ticketmaster site for the home opener. LMAO!!!

Classic Melnyk bait and switch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad