GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Noah Lyles misses out on the double sprinting gold by losing in the 200m, his preferred event. It shows how insane Bolt's triple gold performances were for 3 Olympics in a row.

Having COVID likely had an impact on his run today. Pretty impressive all things considered.

Reactions: oilers'72

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Same with rowing. Yes, they won a medal in womens 8, but they only qualified two boats. We used to be a rowing power.
Rowing has been on the decline for a few cycles now.

Cycling was actually decent last time so the sudden drop is a concern, especially because they basically have the same athletes competing. The most concerning thing is that the margins aren’t even close. Like we are finishing well back in the heats and in the quarters.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Please tell me it's ok for the runner to step into a competitors lane. The third handoff to DeGrasse, our guy went into China's lane. I remember Canada got DQed years ago for the bronze for the same thing. Always remember that one, poor guys were in tears.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Please tell me it's ok for the runner to step into a competitors lane. The third handoff to DeGrasse, our guy went into China's lane. I remember Canada got DQed years ago for the bronze for the same thing. Always remember that one, poor guys were in tears.
Yikes, I remember that very well. Let's hope the medal stands up after official review. Either way, a magnificent performance after the disappointment for our men on the track so far.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Watching the NBC feed here, the announcers and Carl Lewis were freaking out ahead of the race about the USAs inability to medal in the event for 20 years. Then that horrible first transfer, even if they would have finished top 3, Probabky would have been DQd as the handoff continued outside the zone. Colossal failure.

Go Canada! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad