GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
While we were sleeping, Canada with Silver in women's 59kg weight lifting. Great games for Canada.

I miss read twitter, either way, great performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Cycling Canada gonna have to do a forensic audit.

Something isn’t right when all the athletes (who were good last cycle) get passed by multiple nations.

Mitchell won multiple medals last time and she’s finishing WELL behind this time.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Something isn’t right when all the athletes (who were good last cycle) get passed by multiple nations.

Mitchell won multiple medals last time and she’s finishing WELL behind this time.
I wonder if the coaching staff gets gutted after this.

Women's Beach Volleyball team, Brandie and Melissa, off to the Gold Medal final, beating the Swiss who hadn't lost a set before losing to Canada. Amazing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Women's Beach Volleyball team, Brandie and Melissa, off to the Gold Medal final, beating the Swiss who hadn't lost a set before losing to Canada. Amazing.

When I think of Canadian Olympic medal opportunities Beach Volleyball was not on my bingo card.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Possibly. When all the athletes get passed like this it’s usually a systemic issue with training, technique, or equipment.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

And some excellent mental fortitude responding to a fairly one-sided first set loss by coming from behind to win in a super close second set then separating themselves in the latter half of the third set.

When I think of Canadian Olympic medal opportunities Beach Volleyball was not on my bingo card.
Honestly it was on mine, just because Pavan/Humana-Parades did so well last time. Had a feeling 4 years ago that we'd go far this year, and Wilkerson/Humana-Parades have definitely delivered.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

In related news, I get the feeling the new velodrome being built in Coronation Park (right by the Telus World of Science) is going to be huge for cycling in Alberta (and Canada as a whole).

Gopper

Sep 5, 2005

Same with rowing. Yes, they won a medal in womens 8, but they only qualified two boats. We used to be a rowing power.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Honestly it was on mine, just because Pavan/Humana-Parades did so well last time. Had a feeling 4 years ago that we'd go far this year, and Wilkerson/Humana-Parades have definitely delivered.

I don’t follow beach volleyball that closely to know but you’d think warm island countries like Australia and the Bahamas that have actual beaches would be front runners than the ice cold wasteland that is Canada! :sarcasm:

Seriously good for them! Hope they win a Gold!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What a massive display of unsportsmanship by the Iranian wrestler losing the gold in a complete ass kicking by the Bulgarian.

Refused to get up off the mat once the match was over. Refused to shake the Bulgarians hand or even acknowledge him after the match. Didn’t cooperate with the ref to display the winner post match. When the Bulgarian went to shake his hand again after the match the Iranian again turned his back to him.

What a f***ing capital L Loser.

Reactions: oilers'72

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I don’t follow beach volleyball that closely to know but you’d think warm island countries like Australia and the Bahamas that have actual beaches would be front runners than the ice cold wasteland that is Canada! :sarcasm:

Seriously good for them! Hope they win a Gold!
One of my friends is a sport scientist with the Canadian beach teams (living his best life at these Olympics). They way they structure their training and periodization is amazing and world class. Indoor facilities and lots of trips to Brazil, California to train help, too haha

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What a massive display of unsportsmanship by the Iranian wrestler losing the gold in a complete ass kicking by the Bulgarian.

Refused to get up off the mat once the match was over. Refused to shake the Bulgarians hand or even acknowledge him after the match. Didn’t cooperate with the ref to display the winner post match. When the Bulgarian went to shake his hand again after the match the Iranian again turned his back to him.

What a f***ing capital L Loser.
Should lose his silver

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Canada guaranteed gold or silver in beach volleyball! They beat the first and second ranked teams to get to the final.

Brandie and Melissa have been amazing to watch, by far my favorite sport to watch at the games. Was quite happy when this duo got together last year, they complement each other very well. No quit in these gals. Amazing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
One of my friends is a sport scientist with the Canadian beach teams (living his best life at these Olympics). They way they structure their training and periodization is amazing and world class. Indoor facilities and lots of trips to Brazil, California to train help, too haha

The only worse sport would be surfing....all those gruelling hours in Hawaii, the Gold Coast, Tahiti, Fiji......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad