GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Because the decathlon is physically and mentally grueling and he's probably devastated after missing a relatively low height in pole vault.
He quit. This is the Olympics. Athletes train their whole lives to get there and compete. The try is celebrated. Most don’t win. I can understand dropping out due to injury. I haven’t seen anywhere that this was the case. Looks like he was pouting and went home. Not a good look imo.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Our men just scooped up a silver and bronze in the 100m butterfly. Liendo almost had gold.
I can't figure out this Gem app on my TV. Watching Soccer, they said they'd change over to swimming during a cooling break but didn't - went to the swimming one and it was semi-final heats.

I'm missing all the good stuff :'(

Reactions: oilers'72

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Femke Bol with an epic final leg for the Netherlands in the mixed 4x400m event to steal gold. She ran down the 3 women in front of her, who had ~10m lead at the last hand-off.

Reactions: Barrsy

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Abit different. She is a pretty good talker. More of a veteran leader. What did Gretzky say about peeps who are good in the room. Whereas lawerance doesn’t need to talk.

Cbc
I meant that she can’t hit the broad side of a barn with her shot.;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He quit. This is the Olympics. Athletes train their whole lives to get there and compete. The try is celebrated. Most don’t win. I can understand dropping out due to injury. I haven’t seen anywhere that this was the case. Looks like he was pouting and went home. Not a good look imo.

That’s what I am wondering. If everyone quits who doesn’t have a chance at a medal your left with 3-4-5 athletes at the end. I get he may be utterly devastated but isn’t the whole Olympic Spirit thing about picking yourself off the mat and competing? It’s also disrespectful to the other athletes if he just quit because he wasn’t going to get a medal.

The entire women’s soccer team just gave everyone a lesson in not pouting and having the fortitude to push on.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I like how in the first OT when the Germans had possession they let things go like an extra 90 seconds past extra time but in the 2nd half the whistle goes as soon as Canada gets the ball back, despite the added minute being almost entirely stoppages.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium